Natural pearls of Bahrain!

Gulf_pearls

Community member
Hi all, im new here, and im very glad that i found this forum.

i have been diving for pearls and collecting them since long time ago, i fell in love with them and now i would love to show you guys what i find in these beautiful oysters.

uniquepearls.jpg

I collected many pearls with unique colors and unexplained transformation which is beautiful.

all of my pearls are from Bahrain and natural i would love to hear your thoughts.

also i have an Instagram account and i post regularly all about my pearls, for those who wanna see them check out: gulf_pearls

so.. what do you think?

They are very round for natural pearls. Interesting mix of colors. :)

Interesting colours for Bahraini pearls too! Did these come from various sources or one particular one? Off the coast of Muharraq, Manama, Sitra (power station area I once heard was a good source!) or one of the famous pearling hairats such as Hayr Shtayyah? Would be interesting to know if possible. Sure the team in the Gem and Pearl Testing Lab in Manama would like to see them too. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Welcome to Pearl-Guide!
Do you find many baroque shapes? What do you do with them? The colors are fascinating and I enjoy how you have arranged the pearls for the photo. Is pearl diving a hobby for you, or a profession?

Well if by baroque you mean this:
_20141009_213916.JPG

then yes i do find them a lot and collect them, but this is by far the most unique shape i found, we call it the bull head :D

Pearl diving will always be a hobby and a profession to me.

We took this picture fresh, too bad its blurry:
_20141009_170817.JPG

This shows a variety of the colors of Bahrain pearls:
_20141010_185132.JPG

One is stick to the surface, the other 3 have a beautiful color.
IMG-20141007-WA0034.jpg

What do you think? what kind of pearls would you like to see? or how would you like to see them?

Interesting colours for Bahraini pearls too! Did these come from various sources or one particular one? Off the coast of Muharraq, Manama, Sitra (power station area I once heard was a good source!) or one of the famous pearling hairats such as Hayr Shtayyah? Would be interesting to know if possible. Sure the team in the Gem and Pearl Testing Lab in Manama would like to see them too. Thanks for sharing.

Well we mostly go to Sitra, but some of the pearls are bought, as for the picture its all from Sitra.

We did get a certificate for many pearls in case we wanted to sell them.

Very nice Gulf Pearls.

From what kind of Pinctada came they from?
Pinctada radiata or Pinctada margaritifera?

Thank you all, glad you liked them.

Do you have never found pearls in Pinctada margaritifera?

Thanks

Well we mostly find Pinctada radiata so most of our pearls are from Pinctada radiata, we do find some of Pinctada margaritifera in some areas but not mostly.

Those are really beautiful close-ups of my collection, those who love to see the details will love them. enjoy.

IMG20140903014000.jpg

_20141018_085536.jpg

That last shot is marvelous. Thanks for sharing!

Back