Natural and cultured pearls at famous Paris XXVI? Biennale

Well no guess about the purple pearls, really ?

Any idea what year these were made?
All the Biennale jewelry was made on purpose for this exhibition, there were no vintage collection piece at all.
Sad that we don't know about the exact pearls origin, I was wondering about an ancient collection of natural pearls... Can antic Gulf pearls be that color?

Well then, that is helpful, knowing these are current creations. (You probably mentioned that before and I wasn't paying attention.) Likely these beauties are freshwater keshi, or cultured freshwater, just very small. Over the years I've picked up a few strands of very dark purple pink, so pretty, mostly available in smaller sizes, if one can find them at all.

Thank Pattye, would you mind posting some of your very dark purple pink strands for comparison?

Took a few pics in indirect light on the patio this afternoon. Anna, do you feel these are similar in color?

They are 4-4.5mm not high quality, but I loved the color and always look for the dark ones.

IMGP5026.jpg

I'd call them lilac, or lavender, depending on the shade

Thank Pattye
Now that you showed your pearls, it reminds me some purple FWP I saw before, and I think the Chanel's earrings might be, or some natural pearls of unknowed origin, they really have something special, very unusual pinkish red

And here is the mathing necklace. This necklace in photo, you only see on PG, nowehere else on the net, and I shot it for PG only, enjoy !
It has a pink center diamond of a big size, besides the very high value, it is really exquisite and astonishing, it took me breathless,
What about you?

P1140682-chanel-natural-pearls-1.200.000€-paris-26-biennale.jpg
P1140682-chanel-natural-pearls-1.200.000€-paris-26-biennale.jpg

Last edited:
Close-up of the pink diamond drop with pearls,
sorry that the photo is losing to much quality on onloading.

P1140682-GP-chanel-natural-pearls-1.200.000€-paris-26-biennale.jpg

That is a pretty amazing piece of design. I wish I had a) the money to buy it, b) occations to wear it :) The idea of the design as such might still inspire some of us here on PG.

- Karin

Wow, again you bring us exclusives! Thanks Anna!

I'd love to see this necklace draped shoulder to shoulder instead of hanging down. Imagine the diamond tips twinkling at your shoulder cap...I'm sure there's a way to anchor them, however novel it would be.

Or, splitting the strands, half across the back, half across the front. That'd help support the weight. Did you get to try it on, or is that a totally crazy idea?

I echo. Luxurious.

Last edited:
Hi Lisa, Chanel necklace gives you a lot of ideas !
There also was a necklace at Piaget's with a pair of additionnal long ropes that go from neck to hips ; and Cartier had a necklace with a big rock crystal pendant to hang from neck to back.
I happened to go and try some jewelry at the previous Biennale in 2010, but not this time.
An anecdote: as I was trying to read the name and specification of pearls "above the shoulder" of the lady in charge of information, I incidentally saw the price of necklace.
Guess how much ? but there is a way to know about ...:)

Thank you Anna for this very informative and photographic stroll through pearls, history and architecture!

An anecdote: as I was trying to read the name and specification of pearls "above the shoulder" of the lady in charge of information, I incidentally saw the price of necklace.
Guess how much ? but there is a way to know about ...:)[/QUOTE]

Tell us! Please Tell, tell, tell, make us swoon!

I should have asked for any piece but wanted to stay floating in a dream of beauty and ... it is the only piece I got the price of ...
Well, why not making a guess ? :)

Sorry seven

Back