my very own ombre tahitian rope

juliebeth

so...cees (amongst others) had posted photos of absolutely lovely and breathtaking (and carefully curated, i'm sure!) ombre tahitian strands, and i was instantly in love.

well, i'd just given in to pearllust and purchased a lovely 'nother strand of circle tahitians (thank you pearlescence!), when i suddenly realized that with my strand of silvery circles, the dark/peacock circles, and some random vaguely-matching pearls purchased along the way, i had my graded-color tahitian strand right there!

so i took 'em all apart (sorry, pearlescence! :() and spent a delightful series of hours sorting and arranging and re-arranging...then a delightful day or two knotting when and where i could, and voila! roughly 40" 9-11mm (ish) baroque and circle pearl rope PLUS two stretch bracelets - one from my favorites amongst the circle's, and the other is a re-made kojima kamoka pearl bracelet, with brass spacers. a brief photo shoot yesterday yielded the following:

a jumble of pearls:
attachment.php

...and on a background for some contrast:
attachment.php

the rope in sunlight on the back porch:
attachment.php

in my improvised light box:

attachment.php

closeup of some favorite pearls:

attachment.php

my favorite photo, coiled with the silver on the outside!
attachment.php

now bracelets (and the pair of 9mm kojima studs not mentioned earlier, but i threw them into the mix, as they go so well!):

stretch with greens, silvers, the one big pink FW pearl:
attachment.php

same, with tahitian studs:
attachment.php

detail on greens:
attachment.php

Kojima bracelet of Kamoka pearls, restrung on elastic with brass bits:
attachment.php

another view:
attachment.php

yet another view and set of colors showing:
attachment.php

and those sweet studs all by themselves:
attachment.php

They are absolutely wonderful, seriously glam pearl fest!

Wonderful. I love all of your pieces, juliebeth! Do you think you can model some of the pieces for us?

pattye - i know! aren't they fun?! they're so fun to wear and play with and touch and look at! i'm very much enjoying them all!

amanda and Pearling Technologies - thank you! i had a great time putting them together - it almost made me sad to start knotting them...except then i knew i'd get to wear them!

Red, i will get some modelling pics tomorrow!

It's like an orgy of beautiful pearls! LOL. I can't wait to see the modeling shot. :)

Lovely, juliebeth! Isn't it amazing the variety of gorgeous colors available in pearls :)

Your necklace looks amazing juiliebeth and will be so lovely worn with your beautiful bracelets and studs! Congrats and enjoy!

Well done! I especially like the photo where the necklace is laid out in "all its glory" showing the graduation in color. Enjoy and wear in good health!

JulieBeth, your rope and stretch bracelets are just stunning! I am just now getting to this thread. Loving your pearls! I would love to see some neck shots and styling photos!

Whew! Thanks for giving this thread a bump FrostMe.

The strand circled, plus the circles on the pearls make for a gorgeous visual. Neat synthesis, JulieBeth! Once you see things as component parts there's no going back, you know.

The kojima bracelet leaves me Green, just Green...

Last edited:
Great job ordering the pearls by color gradation! Would love to see some neck shots too!

Back