My pearls

Your brilliant kashi are most certainly gemstones! Beautiful creations Charlotta. Those stretch bracelets are a wonderful application for your skull beads.

Thank you Marianne and BWeaves. Hm, maybe pearls are gemstones? I never think about them as such, I much prefer pearls.

Thank you Pattye. Do you think that they drill them individually or is there a machine drill that can be programmed to do that. I have some tiny 2-3mm freshwater ropes, with tiny drillholes as well. Do you think that someone looks at each pearl individually and then drill it? That would take forever. They weren't even expensive those little off round pearls.

Wow Charlotta, what a great job! They all look beautiful but the Keshi is soo pretty!

Thank you Lilpearl. Those akoya keshis are beautiful. I would probably have bought more of them if the drillholes weren't that small. My eyes gets sore for days after working with them. All pearls looks huge after putting these on wire, even 4 mm ones.

No new creations today. I have some carved beads coming some day. Who knows when, lately it takes longer than ever before to get shipments. They arrive to sweden as fast as they used to. Then the swedish postal service takes forever to sort them, then I have to wait a week before I can pay the import fees, then they hold on to them for another week or two. I finally got my shipment from Pattye this week, only took about 6 weeks. I was running low on several colors of her tread and most of my needles were hopelessly crooked. Now I have lots of them and also some supplies at the summercabin. Yay. Recently I have been wearing my own creations a lot. Yesterday I wore my drop tahitian and silvery blue akoya rope (akoyas from Pearlescence, drop tahitians from Pearl Paradise and from Wen Pearls) with my green and pink tahitian studs from Pearlescence. I really love that rope.
_20201003_150120.jpg
_20201003_150022.jpg
I also recently wore my mixed strand (pearls from Pearlescence, Cees and Druzydesign) for some days with my deep golden south sea studs from Pearlescence.
_20201003_145953.jpg
_20201003_145918.jpg
_20200905_151234.jpg
_20201003_145844.jpg
I am very pleased with these two.
_20201003_145808.jpg
I am quite pleased with another mixed strand I made, the ripple freshwater, purple freshwater and golden south sea strand. I haven't worn this nearly as much
_20201003_145629.jpg_20201003_145629.jpg
_20201003_145555.jpg
Today I am wearing my ombre circled south sea strand from Pearlescence with my vintage akoya and deep golden south sea waverope (the golden south sea pearls are from Cees) and my mismatched south sea earrings from Pearlescence.
_20201003_143238.jpg
_20201003_145332.jpg
_20201003_143339.jpg
_20200810_141922.jpg
Usually I have added a stretch bracelet or two as well.

All your pearls are so lovely... but I just flipped over that purple and gold strand! What a beautiful combination!

I love all of these. But I especially like the mismatched earrings. I always love mismatched earrings.

We just went from many days of beautiful, cool sunny weather to chillier-gray, and your Goldens are just what’re needed! Portable sunshine.

Thank you linda.wald, Bweaves and lisa c. I was surprised over how good that purple and gold combination turned out linda.wald, I would have never tried that combination hadn't the pearls happened to be next to each other during another remake. The first tries didn't look good, I had to arrange them a lot and remove some ripples. I do love mismatched earrings as well Bweaves, so very practical and goes with just about everything. We had some beautiful sunny days here as well lisa c, with crisp autumn air. It's going to rain tomorrow though so I am going to need those sunny south sea pearls.

Today I didn't feel like wearing golden south sea pearls, even though the weather is hideous. Today I wanted to wear my new 7-8mm tahitian strand that I made with pearls from Druzydesign, my ombre tahitian rope from Cees and my smokey pink tahitian studs from Pearlescence. To me the studs have an amazing, not often seen, shade of smokey pink. I think that the color is really pink and green. It's lovely color whatever I call it and not too warmtoned.
_20200607_203150.jpg
_20190819_194245.jpg
_20200913_134835.jpg
_20201003_143707.jpg
_20201003_143636.jpg
That ombre rope really is amazing and I am glad that I made it endless, so that I can shift it around however I want.

I am also admiring that nifty little extender that I made a while ago. So useful. I have made several before, but they have all fallen victime to my remakes, the pearls were needed elsewhere. But this one has survived several months now. I made it out of rather small 8mm:ish circled tahitian pearls and one baroque 11,4mm south sea pearl from my leftover pile. It's a rather depleated pile at the moment, with all my remakes. It's 5,5 inches long and mostly invisible, not that it has to be, I think that it's rather pretty.
_20201003_144145.jpg
Here with my white south sea strand from Cees.
_20200810_140308.jpg
That white south sea strand is truly amazing and I haven't felt the need for another white strand since I bought this one, well I have bought white south sea pearls for project though.
_20200810_140331.jpg
With my rikitea strand from Cees.
_20200913_134929.jpg

Charlotta- playing with pearls on a hideous weather day sounds like a great idea to me. They are all mood lifters! :)

Charlotta

I absolutely adore seeing all your post with your pearls. And your creative ways of putting together strands. And kitty is an added plus!

Your post of the 3 multi colored T strands, I believe 2 were Rikitea, blew me away!! What a stunning photo, totally exquisite. That photo of you wearing the strand is gorgeous, as they look so pretty with your skin tone. Those 3 strands are incredible and left me in awe. And the photo is one of my favorites on PG. Wow.......... YOU GO GIRL! :D

Thank you AzFlyGirl, I really do love those three multicolored tahitians. I have some new creations to share but no good pearl light. I have been playing with my carved beads that finally arrived, I especially like two indonesian calcite orange yellow jade beads. I combined them with those golden south sea ripple pearls from Pearlescence and made two stretch bracelets. One of the jade beads sort of shift color a little bit, it looks darker or lighter when I move it. I also made a necklace out of the circled light golden bracelet and the tahitian bracelet, those with the skulls. I left the skulls out of the design and made a mixed south sea and tahitian strand. There is one white circled south sea pearl as well, that I had in my leftover pile. It's like my other mixed strand, but using lighter south sea pearls and tahitians. I have been wanting to make another mixed strand that combined those lighter tahitians with south sea pearls. When I made the other one I realised that in order to combine deep golden south sea pearls with tahitians, mostly dark peacock ones would look good. I did think that those cooler tahitian colors, like lighter blue, grey, green and pink would look better with ligher south pearls. I was wearing the circled south sea bracelet together with the tahitian one one day and they did look so good together, I just had to combine them. The circled south sea pearls do have a beautiful light golden color with what looks like a faint silver cast to them. I added two tahitians and two circled pearls to get the lenght right. I also made a lariat of sort with a silver chain and exchangeable pearls that I want to show you. Now I can use all of my earring pairs that I use with my huggies in my necklace, I just attatch them to two small silver lobsterclasps. I am rather pleased with how that turned out as well.

Always enjoy your lovely pearly photos Carlotta and look forward to seeing your new creations.

Back