My pearls

Here is my mixed tahitian and south sea strand, with the addition of two ivory vintage akoyas.
_20200829_143151.jpg
I accidentally made this one when I was trying to make an 7-8mm mixed strand, that one looked harsh. I tried to add some different sizes of south sea pearls. Eventually I removed the tahitians and then I had a really nice mixed south sea layout, then not-husband accidentally knocked some pearls into the dishwasher. When I arranged the pearls again I added some of the peacock tahitian pearls, I had tried arranging those with the small tahitians and left them on the beading board. Then smallest cat wacked them all onto the floor...so I rearranged them yet again. Luckliy soft floors, not stone ones. I finally knotted them and I really like them.
_20200829_143102.jpg
The smaller white south sea pearls, some of the circled south sea pearls and some of the bigger white south sea pearls are from Pearlescence, the deep golden south sea pearls are from Cees, the circled peacock tahitian pearls are from Druzydesign, the two drop tahitian pearls are from Pearl Paradise and Wen pearls, some of the other golden south sea pearls are from Kongspearl and some from my shrinking leftover pile. That was a long sentence.
_20200829_143348.jpg
_20200829_143128.jpg

The strand is 25 inches and can also be worn as a triple bracelet. I have tried it with several earrings. Peacock tahitians, white or deep golden south sea earrings work fine. Today I am wearing it with my peacock tahitian studs from Pearlescence.
_20200829_142826.jpg
The deep golden south sea studs from Pearlescence.
_20200829_142755.jpg
White south sea studs
_20200829_142520.jpg
I have a theory about why those other pearls didn't work out, I show you tomorrow if I can get Pearl Guide to work on my phone and not only on this +10 years tablet...

I think that those 7-8mm tahitians, white and deep golden south sea pearls didn't look good together because the tahitians are to cooltoned. Then they clash with the deep golden. These two gorgeous strands for example are better without the other one. Deep golden south sea strand from Cees and big multicolored tahitian strand from Pearlescence.
_20200830_135110.jpg
Personally I prefer silver or white gold with tahitians, except for copper, peacock and other warmish colors. Like on these aubergine tahitian studs from Oceanscove.
_20200829_140916.jpg
So I think that a mixed tahitian and south sea strand will probably look good with white south seas, deep golden south seas and peacock, copper or some green with some gold in it or cooler tahitians with white and lighter golden south seas like lemon colored ones, champagne or those greenish ones I managed to buy two strands of. I will have to make a combination like that some day. I did find a good use for those 7-8mm tahitians from Druzydesign. For now the strand is a bit short with a bigger circled purple tahitian as centerpiece, but I have ordered some more that will come eventually. Very pretty little pearls.
_20200830_135913.jpg
_20200830_135945.jpg
I will use it with my tahitian tassel.
_20200829_141052.jpg
_20200829_141550.jpg
I like the colors and the luster.
_20200829_141354.jpg
It also goes great with my rikitea strand from Cees and my big multicolored tahitian strand from Pearlescence.
_20200829_141207.jpg
With the additional pearls and the purple pearl removed it will probably be about 27-28 inches if I haven't calculated wrong. That's a good lenght for a tassel strand.

My thought are with CathyKeshi and Walter when I write this. I hope that you get a laugh Cathy about me cutting up and remaking my ombre tahitian and south sea rope yet once again. But you see, I wanted to try out those tahitian peacocks with some other pearls and the scissors were so close. I first tried to use the peacocks with the small 7-8mm tahitians from Druzydesign and make a mixed sizes strand. It didn't look good. Then I used them with my new mixed tahitian and south sea strand (and two akoyas), I love that strand. Figures, I never did like those strands before. Well I guess I changed my mind, I also did use to think that pearls over 8mm were incredibly huge. There it was my recently remade ombre rope, rudely cut apart with scissors. While I had the scissors at hand I cut some more...making space for two bronze tahitians that I forgot about last time, adding some peacock and other colorful drop tahitians, removing my bigger white south sea pearls. It's more equal in pearlsize now. No centerpiece, well there are some rather tiny tahitians, they were the only ones with aqua in them. New rope.
_20200830_140346.jpg
_20200830_140309.jpg
_20200830_140240.jpg
_20200830_140154.jpg
Closeups starting with white south sea pearls
_20200829_142304.jpg
Moving along to silver tahitians, aqua and some bluish greys
_20200829_142223.jpg
To some darker greys
_20200829_142149.jpg
To purple and peacock
_20200829_142112.jpg
Vibrant teal, I love that color
_20200829_142044.jpg
Copper
_20200829_142020.jpg
To green
_20200829_141949.jpg
Green tahitian to green south seas to white south seas
_20200829_141918.jpg
I really like this rope, well I liked the previous ones as well...
_20200829_141810.jpg
_20200829_141748.jpg

Last edited:
Charlotta, all your necklaces are beautiful and it’s so great that you can switch them around to change the look and voila you got a new necklace every time!! How fun!!

Thank you Lilpearl, yes it's good that I can remake them myself. Should I let someone else restring them it would be costly and that poor person would likely go bonkers with all my remakes. Now all I do is spend a lot of tread, gimp and needles, so I had to make a big order at Pattyes estyshop.

Love all your changes, Charlotta, such gorgeous pearls.

Nor my carved skulls from augustus-collection or my small tahitian pearls from Druzydesign have arrived yet, but I recently got this pretty apricot carved trumpet shell scarab pendant from augustus-collection. It's so cute, the carving is amazing with hieroglyphs and everything. I don't really have any apricot or peach earrings to match so I use my deep golden south studs, either the smaller ones from Oceanscove or my bigger ones from Pearlescence, then I match the finding at least.
_20200905_151843.jpg
It looks really good with my deep golden south sea strand from Cees. The earrings are some gold ones with citrine and garnet I bought years ago.
_20200905_151432.jpg
With my rainbow strand from Pearlescence.
_20200905_151703.jpg
The hieroglyphs
IMG_20200905_163204_862.jpg
With my pink queen conch shell sealife pendant that I also got from augustus-collection.
_20200905_151931.jpg
I really like these carved shells. The skulls I ordered should be here next week or so, some shell some semi-previous gems/stones (?). I ordered some carved beads, but they woun't arrive in a month or so. I don't know what to do with them yet, arrange them with pearls maybe, or make a bracelet.

Thank you Bweaves and Katbran. I would love to see your skulls Katbran. I have been thinking about buying some for years, I don't know what I am going to do with them yet. A tincup or maybe mixed with some pearls or using them as focalpoints. The carvings I bought so far are more detailed than I thought they would be. It would be so great if I could accually carve things like this, but no.

My skulls are here. Very pretty. One might think that one might order skulls that have the same size, well I choose the ones I thought was prettiest, side drilled since they only had one blue azurite skull and that one was side drilled. A not so good photo.
_20200909_142212.jpg
I still don't know exactly what to do with them. Using them with the small tahitians makes the tahitians look dull (didn't cut anything apart yet), the jasper skull would look great with tahitians though. I have some iolites that I just got as well, might work. They also look good with my ivory akoya keshistrand, the tiny ones I bought from Pearlescence, and they look good with my golden south sea ripple rope. Maybe a skull ripple south sea rope would be cool. I would have to use wire with the keshis or the iolites. I could make a tincup but I don't think that I will do that. The yellow skull is agatized fossil coral, the green is nephrite jade, the red is red jasper, the blue is azurite, the turquoise is african turquoise jasper, the orange is apricot trumpet shell and the purple is phosphosiderite. I just don't know why I haven't ordered any carved beads before, I have been looking at them for years

I did a quick layout with the three strands. Iolites
_20200909_151129.jpg
Akoya keshis
_20200909_151145.jpg
Golden ripple rope
_20200909_151204.jpg
Might try with the iolites first, since that one isn't strung yet.

Maybe in rainbow order, size disregarded, with rope.
_20200909_152538.jpg
She wants the skulls...
_20200909_152606.jpg
She says she's doing a quality check...

Ahhh, isn't it nice to have feline quality control! I like the skulls, too. Only one of our 3 cats shows much interest in pearls, thank goodness.

How fun Charlotta! Purrfect (;-) necklace to celebrate “El día de Los muertos”! My favorite is the first option with the iolites, the skulls colors really stand out! What a sweet kitty!!

Thank you linda.wald and Lilpearl. I am going to try with the iolites. I found some dark gold hematite beads in my stash, maybe 2,5mm. I might add some of those as well, they look good with the iolites. But it's to dark to try it now. Might have to wait until this weekend. I have hidden the skulls now. That cat steals anything, once she dragged a big towel into the litterbox. I have the towel inside there transport box, for comfort, but didn't close the box right so she manage to open it and take the towel. Don't know why she needed it in the litterbox. It was clean and all.

Back