My new earrings

JerseyPearl

Happy New Year to all! I received these fantastic mabe pearl earrings for Christmas as a gift from my husband. He purchased them from a local jewelry store, in their estate section. They are labeled natural color salt water mabe pearl earrings set in 18k gold. They are rather large and have a wonderful green orient with strong pink/cherry tones showing in varying intensity depending on lighting source. The background pearls are Edisons (12-15mm), Tahitian rope (taken with flash), and Tahitian drop pin (also a Christmas gift!)

IMG_1446.JPGIMG_1443.JPGIMG_1438.JPGIMG_1449.JPGIMG_1462.JPG

I would love to know what kind of mabe pearls are in the earrings. The photos do not do their colors justice.

Attachments

• IMG_1461.JPG
    IMG_1461.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 32
What a lovely gift! The mabes look like Tahitians and wow do they ever pick up the colors of your other beautiful pearls!!!

They seem large for Tahitians...what could they be? The color is lovely!

Those earrings are faboo. Good question. I would have guessed that they were Pteria penguin saltwater mabes with colored backing shining through the nacre, but there is just too much color going on. Whatever kind of pearls they are, you have scored! :)

I never thought black-lip oysters were used for mabe pearls, but come to think of it, why wouldn't they be?

What they are is ... BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations :)

Fabuloso (am I the only one who sees a bug about to do something veeeery wrong? Shouldn't we give Jersey a heads-up?)

The mabe pearl earrings are amazing! They look like my Cortez Mabe, but because of their height and shine I believe that Caitlin is correct: they must be Pteria penguin Mabe.
Great jewelry! You had a very generous -and pearl savvy- Santa Claus :)

Back