My Natural Pearl Collection

Thank you all!! I knew you guys would appreciate the whimsy of this piece <3 :) I wasn't clocking myself, but I think in all this one took 12 hours...

Kat - that's exactly what I did, minus the shepard's hook. I didn't bother to ball end the wire, I just planished the ends. Since I used 26G wire (the balls on the chain were too small for 24G or larger wire), I don't think shepard hooking them would have been very secure. But I like shepards hooks for larger gauge wires, for sure!

Camelot - you can buy ball-end headpins, but they are very overpriced IMO. I invested in tools a long time ago, so I'm able to make my own. It's been a worthwhile investment at this point for me. I'm sure Riogrande and Gempacked both carry them if your wanting to buy them already made, or you could check on Etsy.

Jersey, you would know... ;) Thank you, Jersey and Kat!!

I took out the pendant to see what it would look like with the necklace. A bit over the top for my taste! Plus my OCD goes into overdrive when I see the yellow gold of the dog clip next to the rose gold.
After contacting Gempacked, my plan for the pendant has been scrapped for several reasons, mainly due to design issues. I'm considering having a component custom made (so very far into the future for that plan) or more likely, will just try to find a rose gold dog clip. Must resist the urge to buy a rose gold dog clip!!
IMG_4733.jpg

OH my goodness!!! I love it!!! Those pearls with the rose gold are meant for each other and what a wonderful design! I don't know if I'd bother redoing all the wires after all that work!

Hi! This is my first post here; I love natural pearls and collecting antique jewelry. Thanks so much and happy pearling!

View attachment 18957

Can't go wrong w natural pearls & old mine cut dia...that's a nice white color for an old dia. of about 4.6mm? Pearl maybe 5 or 6 mm?

Diamonds & gold are easier to appraise but the price you can actually get is so volitile.
Pearls will need a good certificate to realize their potential but still its whatever someone wants to pay.

Haha, yes, I don't think I'll be redoing it for quite some time, amti! My hands clench up just thinking about it... ;)

Camelot - pretty close. Diamond is 5mm. That is obviously a very old post. These days I just follow auctions to get a feel for the market value.

This necklace came out so beautifully, MSC! It's just stunning. Confession: I love the pendant with it! But I know you prefer more delicate designs... it's really gorgeous though!

This necklace came out so beautifully, MSC! It's just stunning. Confession: I love the pendant with it! But I know you prefer more delicate designs... it's really gorgeous though!

Thanks, battah!! I think perhaps I could wear the two layered, with the pendant on a long chain for visual separation. It's too much going on with the two together, for me. Gotta keep is cas. ;)

ETA:
IMG_4764.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, Jersey and Marianne! I like that look better too :) Too bad it's going to be a while before I can sport it around; I'll be tromping around marshes looking for alligators this week!

Haha, yes, I don't think I'll be redoing it for quite some time, amti! My hands clench up just thinking about it... ;)

Camelot - pretty close. Diamond is 5mm. That is obviously a very old post. These days I just follow auctions to get a feel for the market value.

At 5mm a omc will prbably be more than .5ct depending on the depth but its generally more cushion cut & deeper on the crown so that carries more weight than a typical RBC. Love the old diamonds...Yeah just catching up on old threads...They are all great...

I'd keep that ring though..

Nature is nice but flies, mosquitos, ticks, leaches, pirhana, fleas, snakes, crocs, & so many other things love to mess with its enjoyment.

Stay safe & enjoy!

Oh yikes! I thought you playing in bear land was bad enough. Be safe. Gators are mean buggers!

Back