My Natural Pearl Collection

What I usually end up doing is jotting down specific findings with item numbers and cost per in the margins next to designs. That way when I've got a cart full of items, I know which parts go to each design. But even this isn't full proof to last minute design changes or disliking of ordered parts.

I'm calling this the Pacific Ocean necklace, it goes all the way from Tahitian atolls to the Sea of Cortez! I used both Pinctada maculata and Pteria sterna in an ombre of colors. The darkest pearl is the last P. maculata, before the P. sterna begins. I'll try to get some photos in the AM, in natural light. This was taken under the fluorescent lighting of my desk area.
IMG_6545.jpg

Thank you, Jersey and BWeaves! I still can't get enough of the P. sterna's orient, it's crazy beautiful. Fluorescent lighting does nothing for it though, as expected. Makes me want some of Douglas's SoC beauties!

The threaders have faceted ball chains that sparkle like mad :) Can't really see it in the photo though.

Oh my! I love what you've made!!! All of them! The earrings are so sweet and compliment the necklaces so well. And I have to comment on the beautiful clasp! Were these all made with the recent strand purchase?

Thank you, amti! I made the all pipi necklace about 6 months ago with pearls I'd accrued over the year prior. Took a while to gather enough! The clasp on that necklace is vintage :)
I used some of the leftover pipis for the pacific ocean necklace along with some cherry picked pearls from the recent Pteria sterna strand purchase. And harvested an old lightweight rope chain too. Now I'm out of pipis :eek:
I'd like to make a pair of threader earrings with some of the P. sterna as well, but that'll have to wait a while. I like how modern they look without looking dated (I hope).

Oh, MSC truly lovely necklaces! I love your collection of naturals, and your creativity to morph them into a look from the past with a contemporary spin! I definitely suffer from pss, but there's something to say for a delicate and quality natural pearl necklace! Please post neckshots!!

Thank you so much, Pareltje and Jersey! I like the golden with the pipi too, Jersey. I had just tried them together and decided they were meant to be together :)

Halo, We have big coconut pearl the rarest botanical organic stone, and we want to sell it. Who's interest? contact us [deleted by moderator] . the item has certificate from trusted gem lab. Please see the item's video [deleted by moderator].

Last edited by a moderator:
Jaya, I removed your contact information and advertisements about your "coconut pearl". This forum is for information and education about marine pearls, not for the selling of products.

Please feel free to stay, read and learn if pearls interest you, but do not try to sell anything here again.

New addition to the natural pearl collection: American arts and crafts tri-color gold (yellow, rose, and green) era ring with an abalone blister pearl! Lots of different colors come out in different light <3

IMG_8254.jpg
IMG_8260.jpg

Oh yes!!! I love abalone pearls!!! Your setting is beautiful and compliments the pearl nicely. Feeling a little jelly here.... ;)

Back