My Natural Pearl Collection

I like the pendant on the separate chain tbh. I think that gorgeous little necklace is perfect as it is ! The two together look great !

Alligators....geeeez.... between you and Dave my paranoia runs rampant.

Do you have the eastern brown snake in your area? Its one of the most venomous snakes in the world! Some say 2nd most venomous!

http://snake-facts.weebly.com/eastern-brown.html

Funny Story well maybe after the fact...

My parents have them on the farm...Nasty agressive snakes with about a half hour or so to get antivenom & my parents are about 1/2 hr from the hospital///

Scary....my Mom once caught one near the house. She was about 70 then but threw a piece of wood over its head & stood on it while calling my father who I think took its head with an ax....I don't know what I would have done but it was just the split instant decision & she said she would never go outside knowing it could be crawling under the house...(they are sort of like queenland houses off foundation but this is in north NSW...

Can't imagine the terror I would have been in to see that... Shhhh looks like it is a crime to kill one but if it was under your house you might think otherwise.

Last edited:
Fear perpetuates all sorts of "bad snake" stories. Will you be hurt if bit by a venomous snake? Yes. Is that reason to fear being outside, etc. or rampantly killing every snake you see (even just the venomous ones)? HELL NO. In all my time working outdoors, I have never been bitten, attacked, or otherwise by wildlife. That's not saying it can't or won't happen, but an ounce of prevention (i.e. being aware, mainly) is worth a whole lot more than a ton of cure.

Fear perpetuates all sorts of "bad snake" stories. Will you be hurt if bit by a venomous snake? Yes. Is that reason to fear being outside, etc. or rampantly killing every snake you see (even just the venomous ones)? HELL NO. In all my time working outdoors, I have never been bitten, attacked, or otherwise by wildlife. That's not saying it can't or won't happen, but an ounce of prevention (i.e. being aware, mainly) is worth a whole lot more than a ton of cure.
I was always taught to respect nature and it will respect you back.

Looking forward to making a pair of earrings with these, Judy Geib style, this summer when work slows down
2 Pipi Blister Pearls on Shell from L. Croissy 10Jan2018 (2).jpg
pipi blister shells.jpg

I'm looking forward to the end result.....It must turn out fabulous!

Thank you, Pareltje and Pattye! I'm excited to work with the shells. I finally got my torch together and hope to get enough practice before working with these beauts :)

Oh, the torch! The torch! Bring on the torch!!

Pattye, I adore the cheerleader in you! Fear kept me from putting it together for THREE years.
Thank you all for the unrivaled enthusiasm, amti, Kat, lisa, Jersey, and Pattye! I'm going to practice making the setting in silver first with another shell species, before I even dream of attempting in gold with these shells. In theory it shouldn't be too hard to construct with sheet and wire... famous last words ;)

I haven't done anything with them yet, other than sit and stare at their beauty! If anyone is looking for beautiful Australian bolder opals, I highly recommend Broken River Mining...they are committed to sustainable mining practices and it is a WOMAN OWNED mining operation!! Sue is fantastic.

I haven't done anything with them yet, other than sit and stare at their beauty! If anyone is looking for beautiful Australian bolder opals, I highly recommend Broken River Mining...they are committed to sustainable mining practices and it is a WOMAN OWNED mining operation!! Sue is fantastic.

I bet they're spectacular to gaze upon! That operation sounds up my alley, will give a look :)

Back