My Gambiers/Mangareva Pearls...it is an obsession.

Hi JP-

I think this just might be a "collection" piece, but I just found a bunch of little nubby 8mm Tahitian pearls with the same overtones, now I am rethinking doing something with them all. I am a "stack" type of guy. I'm replacing Black Onyx and Agates, with Tahitian pearls in my bracelets collection, so this might be the center of a Garnet, Chrome Diopside and (a to be identified blue gem) bracelet for my "stack". Regarding size it is just shy of 12mm :)
A wonderful pearl. What size is it, and what are you planning to do with it? I always take some time having my pearls drilled...I can spend hours staring at them instead of sorting them and shipping them out for drilling!

Well it's good to know that we all have a touch of dragon running through our veins...sitting on our pile of pearls and gems ....murmuring " mine...all mine..." You have no idea what it takes for me to sell something lol. I've got a friend who asked two weeks ago for a quote on 5 blackened bangles with various dangles ( dangle bangle) ...she's still waiting and I'm still looking at them on my desk. Hopeless ( as some of you know all too well ..wink..)

BPD - nice photo and a lovely pearl..gorgeous colours ..you caught it well I think ! And I love the idea of your bracelet ..I'm sure you'll be kind enough to post a photo ..even one while you are sorting it out...it's fun to see the process. Very interested to see how the colour combo works !

It is an amazing color. These small pearls are so bright that I am seriously thinking to travel to the area (I heard it is not too touristy) and visit at the farms. Nr 2 on my list after Sea of Cortez farm.

Oooooooooh love the star Ruby & pearl...

OOOOPPPs jsut got an idea. I have one that has a small pink sapphire drop hanging....I think a pearl hanging would even be nicer...

Attachments

• star ruby P1160031.jpg
    star ruby P1160031.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 40
BPD, you should not be buying these pearls --don't you know I want them ALL? ;). Seriously I understand finding the colors of these delightful pearls kind of addicting, and in fact I value the strong colors way more than imperfections or anything else. Some of mine have different color circles and remind me of planets in the cosmos. I love them! Thanks for the pictures of your fascinating pearls.
Linda

Camelotshadow, that's a really pretty pendant. I think I'd like it with a pearl drop, too.

Thanks, its palladium n that drop is small n always twists. Guess a nice sea of cortez would be devine. What I dont like is the ruby is set w glue.l think it was once a pair of earrings n 1 was lost.

Wow those are dark peacock...Would go nice w my pendant or a more silver body w purple/pink

Lovely...

Those are just stunning, JP! Gorgeous colors.

Back