Mikimoto? Never Seen Any Like This

MotherOfPearlTrumpet

I ran across this strand of Tahitian pearls with a brown diamond clasp and they are advertised as "

MIKIMOTO SOUTH SEAS TAHITIAN PEARLS, 26 PEARLS APPROX. 0.5" - 0.75" AND ONE 18KT WHITE GOLD AND DIAMOND BALL CLASP. 16.5" TOTAL"​

Does anyone know if Mikimoto ever sold a strand like this. They appear genuine from the pictures but I'm just not sure...especially since there is no picture indicating the "M" on the clasp...
Here is the link to the auction...

Last edited:
I agree with @pattye : too little information to back their claim.
To me it's not even a gamble, but a loss.

I ran across this strand of Tahitian pearls with a brown diamond clasp and they are advertised as "

MIKIMOTO SOUTH SEAS TAHITIAN PEARLS, 26 PEARLS APPROX. 0.5" - 0.75" AND ONE 18KT WHITE GOLD AND DIAMOND BALL CLASP. 16.5" TOTAL"​

Does anyone know if Mikimoto ever sold a strand like this. They appear genuine from the pictures but I'm just not sure...especially since there is no picture indicating the "M" on the clasp...
Here is the link to the auction...

I've seen Mikimoto Tahitian pearls. Those are not Mikimoto.

There are flaws in one of the pearls, but honestly, they look like plastic to me. The color of the pearls is terrible. I don't know what's going on with the clasp, but that is not how Mikimoto does their clasps. And the necklace is too inexpensive. A real diamond ball clasp that size would cost $2500 to $3000 alone, without the pearls.

Google mikimotoamerica.com and search on "black". Nothing will come back from the search if you use the word "Tahitian". There are a couple of necklaces that look similar to the necklace above, but the quality of the pearls, and the way the clasp is attached is different. And of course the price is thousands of dollars more than the necklace above.

Last edited:
I thought so...I feel like it's always a good idea to call out these "fakes" or knock-offs and post them so others can beware and learn. Thanks to everyone for your comments.

Back