Metallic ripples with orient - what to do with them?

Lugana

I have a weak spot for good quality ripple pearls - inexpensive, super bright and all in substantial sizes. What not to love)))

I have collected a small batch of good nacre quality metallic ripples in white colour with orient. Now it's the question what to do with them)) I have two variants.

Variant 1 (left) Using only these white pearls in the strand, then it will be 18" length. Because of the orient, the whites look a bit multicolour next to each other that adds some good depth to it. Looks good and dazzling, but feels like it lacks something, no?..Variant 2 (right) Adding another small lot of mauve/multicolor pearls I had - cuties, but too few in number to make a piece on their own. Then it will be about 30" length. The whites pick up the colors of the other pearls and project really cool pastel-color reflections.
Ripples white orient small.jpg Ripple full strand_small.jpg

Pearls are of the same size of course, it's just the photo scale makes shorter strand look bigger) What do you think? Which one has more appeal to you? Or shall I disassemble all and start again?.. Thanks)

Last edited:
I love the way the white pearls pick up the colors in variant 2, but then I am partial to multicolor strands. They both are gorgeous.

Both are beautiful but I prefer the all whites. The orient shows much better and stronger in the white strand.

Well, I'm the odd one out...I really like both, however, I'm not too much into a traditional strand (although lovely). I would mix things up a bit and use the version on the right...however, I would replace the silver beads with bezel set gemstones and then wire wrap the pearls onto the stations. Or you could use larger, like 6mm gemstone beads along with the silver beads and stagger them to add extra color.

linda.wald, MSC, Pareltje, cmd2014, thanks for the opinions ladies) I'm still in between, but saving the orient as orient without reflections in variant Nº1 is winning a little bit.. do you think a coloured thread in white variant is worth a try?..

JerseyPearl, well, we are definitely "the odd two" out here)) I've used beryl stone beads with smooth metallic whites (from the same ripple lot, but somehow smooth) - for me it's same dilemma whether to keep it just uniform and white or to add colour..

Candies.JPG

I really like both, but if you would like to chose me from this 2, I would take the second option. The first one is too formal, but of course, it depends on your purpose with the necklace.
But if you are open for suggestions, I would use shaded sapphire beads-the color you like- and wire wrap everything. But this is only my 2 cents.
I'm really curious, what you are going to do.

I like the white strand. I'd put one or more sparkly small gemstone beads between each pearl. Or maybe wire wrap the whole thing instead of stringing it.

I really like #2 and I would wire wrap. Not fond of the #3 with the colored stones to my eye it does not blend. Those are really lovely pearls. I can also imagine #1 wire wrapped. It would give you more length and a nice place to hang either a big fire ball or souffle focal pearl enhancer ;)

Last edited:
Back