Matched FW metallic pairs go into... a necklace! or 3 necklaces))

From this shot, I'd have to say the middle is my favorite, but they are all very beautiful!

Yep, I STILL love each one, although I have my favorites! I hope you have great success at the market tomorrow ... oh, to be in Spain for a Sunday market again, buying fresh orange juice, jamon, and goat cheese, sigh ...

fresh orange juice, jamon, and goat cheese, sigh ...
That's EXACTLY what we had for breakfast today)))))

Ok, I'm still rubbish at neck shots)) the 3 strands together:
Metallic FWs Neckshot.JPG

And I'm definitely better at stationary photos)) pattye, thank YOU so much for the Beader's Secret)) apart from being super easy to string on, the colours compliment the pearls wonderfully and provide lovely complimentary contrast! I cannot wait to string blue and pistachio akoyas on it now :) :)
Centers with Beader's Secret.JPG

The finished strands are 17 inch, 19 inch and 22 inches respectively) I'm sort of unhappy with the clasps - those were "A line" (it's like second, substitute line as far as I understand) clasps from bellafindings, but well... I think I will have not to charge for them anything this time and just remember not to buy them any more))

That's EXACTLY what we had for breakfast today)))))

Ok, I'm still rubbish at neck shots)) the 3 strands together:
View attachment 49336

And I'm definitely better at stationary photos)) pattye, thank YOU so much for the Beader's Secret)) apart from being super easy to string on, the colours compliment the pearls wonderfully and provide lovely complimentary contrast! I cannot wait to string blue and pistachio akoyas on it now :) :)
View attachment 49337

The finished strands are 17 inch, 19 inch and 22 inches respectively) I'm sort of unhappy with the clasps - those were "A line" (it's like second, substitute line as far as I understand) clasps from bellafindings, but well... I think I will have not to charge for them anything this time and just remember not to buy them any more))

I'm not familiar with "A-line" at Bella, however, they do have some really pretty rhodium plated sterling and cz clasps that I have used on a few projects. I actually also have one on my big blue Tahitian strand w/diamond rondelles. That strand needed a more formal clasp, but I didn't want to spend a ton...so I went with the $13 sterling and cz one.

Well, the neck shot solved my dilemma ... now I want all 3 lol! If that market thing doesn't work out, you know where to find me :)

Lugana,

Those are beautiful strands!! Their lustre is amazing. Where did you source such beautiful pearls??
I hope these did well at the market!!

trulyviolet, LVLanghanke, MSC, Pearly-Whites, Pareltje, thanks ladies! but for the forum's support I would dare to this project))

baby nurse, Pearly-Whites, thank you)) actually all the three strands are still with me - as I suspected, the price of 200+ euros seem to be out of the market's expected price range, and also direct sunlight didn't really help to display them)) but I will surely give them another chance) and then another one, if needed))

Karman, thank you! they are multicolour drops with metallic silver luster - in real life they look as if sprayed with a thin layer of silver)) very pretty) I got them on etsy from PearlOnly as a special order quite a while ago. I originally wanted Wen's metallic pairs, but on her page the prettiest pairs sold out within a blink of an eye and Wen said she couldn't get me more of them, so I started looking for other seller's and found that one. They were 10 dollars a pair if I'm not mistaken - same as Wen's at the time, but the pearls are slightly bigger. Hope it helps))

JerseyPearl, thank you)) oh I really have to prejudice on clasp metals, it's just these ones happened to be karat gold) when I was ordering the clasps the normal ones I get were sold out in 7mm and 9mm size, so I got these ones instead. There was minimal difference in price and some difference in the weight, so I thought it'd be ok. But it turned out that the gold was taken out not only from the ball (that would be logical) but from the tongue as well - so they were VERY difficult to solder jump rings to lol and also I had to manually polish them, as I really didn't want to take off any more metal from them with polishing))

Last edited:
beautiful pearls & very nice work, lugana!

JP, that sounds like a lot of work on your clasp :(

Last edited:
Karman, thank you! they are multicolour drops with metallic silver luster - in real life they look as if sprayed with a thin layer of silver)) very pretty) I got them on etsy from PearlOnly as a special order quite a while ago. I originally wanted Wen's metallic pairs, but on her page the prettiest pairs sold out within a blink of an eye and Wen said she couldn't get me more of them, so I started looking for other seller's and found that one. They were 10 dollars a pair if I'm not mistaken - same as Wen's at the time, but the pearls are slightly bigger. Hope it helps))

Thank you for the info Lugana! I've shopped from Wen quite a few times but have not with PearlOnly yet. I'll have to take a look!

Lugana, can you post an item #? It would be helpful to avoid, based on your review!
Sure, those were Items 4888 and 4889. I have 10mm and 12mm clasps from the same line and they are completely find, so I guess it only refers to the smaller sizes in 9mm and less)

SunSeeker, thank you!)

Karman, I think all etsy stores are quite good.. mistakes happen, but generally they are all decent))

Well they look wonderful .. such lovely colours ! Sorry the clasps were a disappointment!
Thank you) well I am anyway going to use most of these clasps (and never buy them again)) - they are fully functioning and they are karat gold)), even though with hand polishing they might appear not as shiny as after the tumbler, but I hand polished them for a loooooooong time and they look decent to wear)

Absolutely gorgeous Laguna! I can't pick a favourite either. What's wrong with the clasps?

Back