Linda's Lowly Beading Adventures

I used the heavy beader's secret, and a doubled thread, because the holes in the beads were pretty large. I figured that
small beads + big knots = plenty of thread needed.
This necklace has about 184 beads, and knots, and my purple pearls have 60 or so, or half as many. I rarely actually measure the thread, but just stretch it over the strand(s) I am planning to use. The 4 times estimate works pretty well, if the beads are not too small, and the knots not too big. For this one, and the aquas, it was way off -- I was using the needle as part of the thread to tie the knots on the aquas, and it still came out short!
I'll have to remember about the 1 yard measure from the nose to the tip of the fingers. I did know it, but kind of forgot. I never have measured cloth that way, though, probably because I'm never measuring the cloth, but cutting a pattern. No, I take that back, since I am making curtains right now that are just measured rectangles. But they need fairly accurate measurement. Wouldn't you know it, that just as I'm finishing the last pair of curtains, I found a rip in one of the first pair I made, nearly 30 years ago. Bad kitten!!!
oreo_and_torn_curtain.jpg

Yes. That is the look of a feline performance artist that specializes in artistic deconstruction. :)

These are smallish sleeping beauty turquoise beads from DruzyDesign, and little sterling beads:
small_SB_turquoise_silver.jpg

Love this thread, always so interesting - beads, coffee and kittens!

I finally finished this wire link project. The beads are beryl, and quite lovely.
beryl_wirelink_necklace.jpg
beryl_wirelink_neck.jpg

Love the beryl beads, Linda ... and the shirt is awesome :).

Catching up on all your projects, Linda! Delightful!

Linda, that's FABULOUS! Like a rich Victorian tapestry!! I never would have thought to do such with my long strand of navajo pearls sitting unworn since ... pearls. Great thinking and gorgeous results.

Back