Kojima Pearl

Ah, the earring. I also lost the best pearl from the earring set, one of Jeremy's pearls.

It makes two of us Blaire.
I lost one of my clip earrings, which I bought on the first sale of exotics two years ago.
I think Jeremy should start a new line of one earring for the unlucky ones. ;)

Let's make this a thread for everyone to post Sarah's pearls!

nora1_2.jpg

nora3_2_2.jpg

Sarah's photos and my keshis!

The most surprising thing is that they are 100 times more lustrous and vivid than here on the photos. Their colors are stronger and darker.

Thanks Sarah! and thanks Blair for the push.

Last edited:
Oh Nora, soooo pretty! Sorry to hear about the earring. We should have a Lonely Earring Club! ;)

Nora, they are wonderful!
How large are the pearls? Are they Kamokas?

I know how difficult it is to catch the luster while photographing shiny pearls... sometimes twenty shots are needed to choose one in the end...

Try shooting with your camera on a tripod without the flash and light coming in from 45 degree angles. You'll be able to see what you are getting by using lighting, preferably daylight rated instead of incandescent. Then you can move the lights around to get the look you want.

As for the missing earrings--wonder if they end up with all the single socks?

or single shoes when young dogs are involved......

Olga, the largest is 16.2mm long and the widest is 11.5mm they are Kamoka.

I love your keshi !!! enjoy the ring and the earrings.
How about keshi earrings?

Oh Nora (and Josh) I have only been hunting for about 10 years..... for black flattish Keshis to make cufflinks. They are MAGNIFICENT!

Nora, the keshi are amazing.... just like we come to expect from Josh's pearls!
I'd love a neck shot.....

Dear Nora, Thanks for showing the keshi... Kamoka taking all the credit for the luster.
and to Judimcc6, Thanks for the useful tips about lighting. I believe I took those with natural light. I just got a new camera and have had my head deep in lighting issues for days.. so it was serendipitous to see your post on lighting and angles.
And speaking of serendipity.. sounds like all the single earrings are already in a Tom Robbins book waltzing in their unique wonderland!
Thanks Ladies!

Nice to wake up to your kind words Blaire, Olga, Pattye, purlgurl, Nerida, Amrita and thank you Judi for the photographic advice.

We are very lucky to be close to those wonderful people like Sarah, Jeremy, Josh, Douglas and others.

Hi Nora....lovely pearls.
How do most people react to them, cos most folk still think pearls are white and round?

I love mismatched earrings. Here's a few lowly beader pairs.

Attachments

• FsP02
    43.7 KB · Views: 42
  • FsP03
    53.4 KB · Views: 36
Purlgurl - I LOVE those, especially the second pair (just on personal taste). They are together without being identical.

purlgurl,

Very fun! I would definitely wear those!!

Was it Wallis Simpson that first wore one black and one white pearl earring, or Coco Chanel?

When I was very young, less than 6, my Mom had a friend with an asymmetrical hairdo who wore only one earring--I was puzzled and fascinated!!

Actually, my my lost earring was from a mismatched pair, PearlParadise made specially for me to match the multicolor exotic necklace two years ago.

Asymmetry can be intriguing as Pattye mentioned.

Go on Purlgurl, we want to see more of those. ;)

Purl Girl: I love your designs! I have found that if you keep atleast one of the elements of a pair of earrings constant.. you can get away with alot of mixing after that. I have only these two examples on hand right now, both are past designs.
First a pair of Kamoka pearl earrings, (sorry it's not a very good photo), one side is beautiful natural copper/peacock color, and the other side both the pearls are a natural steely blue.
Second these are findings I bought from Bonita Creations (some of my favorite stone bead dealers). 18k yellow gold faceted citrine tops with beautiful baroque peach Chinese fresh water pearl drops.
I really appreciate asymmetry in earrings, I find it to be more interesting.. and if nothing else you will catch the attention of all the young Pattyes out there! You never know what you may inspire in the long run!

Attachments

• mismatched1.jpg
    mismatched1.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 40
  • mismatched2.jpg
    mismatched2.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 32
Back