Keshi strand from broome

georgemark2006

HI would like some help with this strand of keshi pearls they were payment for a job in broome about 20 years ago we live in darwin but would like other peoples thoughts before i take them to paspaley here in darwin.we my have to sell them along as many other things as things are tough at the moment health issues.there are 87 pearls at around 5mmto 6mm with some up to 10mm with the tail bit are they worth much any info much appreciated regards mark

Attachments

• SANY0465.jpg
    SANY0465.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 41
  • SANY0468.jpg
    SANY0468.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 35
  • SANY0469.jpg
    SANY0469.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 34
Keshi never has a bead inside the pearl as these do. Keshi are spontaneous aggregations of nacre, usually in small and asymmetrical shapes.

That kind of baroque akoya isn't seen that often, but it is valued less than the round akoyas. The older round akoyas are going for $100-$400 in completed eBay listings.

This may sound terrible, but I hope it wasn't a lot of work. They aren't especially valuable. I have bought 9.5 mm baroque akoyas with excellent nacre for fifty dollars a strand.

Gemgeek, could you contact me personally through the forum on where to get the baroque large akoyas with excellent nacre? Really fine older baroques are much rarer at least on the secondary market here in the southern USA than the rounds and I would love to find a source other than the "modern" mass produced baroques from China.

Daddys Little Pearl

Back