igi pearl course

dmj

pppp pearl
the last three days me and mister tumutoa have been looking at argonite, calcite schedules xray pictures, pinctada species to every other pearls producing specie

so here the first pictures what i am sure t berg will add some more info and pictures soon under here but after a 3 day non stop reading, grading session im sleeping for some days :p

the most crazy part of the whole course was going out for dinner in antwerp after class and the girl next to me who was eating mussels found a pearl in it :)

pearls are exhausting !

foto-49.jpgfoto-47.jpgfoto-52.jpgfoto-51.jpg

more soon !

Last edited:
Looks like a lot of intense study! Congratulations and enjoy a restful weekend :) Magnetic nuclei???

Some more picure from our I.G.I. visit..

Some more picure from our I.G.I. visit..

Hey guys.. I have rested well and I'm back with some more picture from our Antwerp visit to I.G.I.

There was a wide range of professionals at work. I especially wanted to know more about the build up of the Mother of Pearl material and how the platelets, in combination with a slow steady growth, can increase color and high luster. I was happy to have Daniel beside me as always. He is a mentor to me and we've been happy to help I.G.I. out with precious demonstration material from Daniel's collection.

''Share the love, I say..!''

P1010769.jpg
P1010772.jpg
P1010775.jpg
P1010788.jpg

Hello Daniel, your first response was the best! Love your sense of humor:D

Daniel has a pic of himself on his website. ;)

The course sounded interesting, and I may add this to the list of my "To Do's before I die".

DK ;)

The pearl found in the mussel during dinner was a nice one too. Deep blue purlish. Amazing how we just attract these natural gems :)

Last edited:
i will upload a photo of the small pearl tomorrow its my lucky charm now :) i was actually planning to go and clean out some thousands of mussels because i wanted dutch pearls and then you you go out for dinner with people and they order dutch mussels ( in belgium ) and the 3rd mussel there was a pearl in it and i am still amazed by it :)

That was a real pearl emergency when that pearl appeared - and there you were..Dr Daniel right on the spot.
jealous of the pearl and that you have such a great story to tell!

Back