Baselworld pearls 2016

dmj

pppp pearl
We just got back from the baselworld show and before we got on the plane i figured not to buy to many pearls only some earring pairs needed for special orders. that plan lasted for maybe 30 minutes and then we already started buying for stock. after a day i figured i could maybe buy some more since the prices where right and most of the time competing with the better prices we have seen in the hk shows the last years. after 3 days of pearl matching i eat dream and sleep pearls so its time to go home and work on the earrings.

the large pair this is absolute my favorite, the matched drops are 13,5x14,5 the large drop in the middle is 15x16mm and for me the most beautiful south sea pearl pair i have bought in the last years it almost looks like tahiti, the pearls around it are tahitians from 9 - 11 mm
_MG_4999.jpg
9-12 mm matched tahitian pairs
_MG_4936.jpg

the blue south sea pearls where in a lott with mostly white with pinkish overtones we where quite lucky the seller had the lot for selection
_MG_4948.jpg

with the more hard to find pairs we had a 15x22 mm tahitian drop pair and a white south sea 16x17,5mm pair. the golden pairs where the most hard ones most sellers only wanted to sell the whole parcel when it came to larger sizes

_MG_4925.jpg

After we finished the South sea and tahitians we went for larger size freshwaters they are all baroque pairs from 14x15 till 17x20mm, we needed around 6 pairs for costumers so we might have overdone it on these ones a little :p

_MG_4946.jpg
_MG_4956.jpg
_MG_4896.jpg
_MG_4908.jpg
_MG_4931.jpg
_MG_4966.jpg
_MG_4881.jpg

ended up buying around 173 pairs so im locking myself into the workshop and will start working !

Last edited:
They're like candy. I just want to unwrap them and eat the dark chocolate inside.

Daniel, what lovely work selecting and sorting ... these will make stunning jewelry!

Thanks for sharing the photos of your gorgeous collection!!!

Lovely pearls!!! You are going to have some very happy customers!

Gorgeous, those dark intense purple ripples are to die for.

Back