I "think" these would be akoyas

moneymeister

Hi everyone. I wandered over from the PS site. I have an older graduated necklace here that I am sure is real and think are akoyas, but is it possible they are FW? I have no information on the origin.

They have a nice rose overtone. The string is broken and I planned on sending them in for a re-string at PP after the Christmas rush. Thanks for your time

Oh and PS, are they (the style) terribly out of date in your opinion? 20161216_182558.jpg20161216_182612.jpgtahitian ring 1tahitian ring glamour shot

Attachments

• 20161216_182812.jpg
    20161216_182812.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
sorry for the weird picture posting, I am getting used to the forum. Looks like I should have posted this in the what kind of pearls thread.

Last edited:
Thanks so much Pattye. Good to know the quality is good. I bought them years ago from a very blurry picture on Ebay. The lustre drew me in. I am a newer collector and have restrung a few strands, but think I will leave this strand to the professionals. I enjoy wearing them. Good to know that they are not out of style.

They're pretty! I have an old graduated strand like that which I restrung with 10# Power Pro (should you happen to change your mind about trying the restringing yourself.) Pattye also sells fine gauge Bedaers Secret thread in her Etsy shop that should fit through the smaller drill holes. :)

Pearl Dreams, I have a box with Power Pro and Beader's Secret from a while back when this forum helped me get started with stringing. Had a ball with my first few attempts.

Another forum sent me over. I am not sure what happened to my previous account. I was married this summer and pearls and forums took a hiatus.

I will stick to less valuable projects for a while, I think.

Last edited:
Congratulations! I'm sure you have lots more to do than string pearls! (Have you finished all your thank you notes yet?)

Notes are finished. My hubby was great with giving a hand. The wedding was lovely and the special day I had hoped to enjoy, but I will not miss the stress and planning one bit. Time to exhale!

Back