how to take nice photos of pearls?? thanks for instructions.

leoshi

8mm top peacock pair-2.jpg8mm top peacock pair.jpg
I took the photos under normal tube light ,these pearls are 8-8.5mm AA grade, round, dyed peacock pearls.

Honestly,it is really very difficult to show the full-aspect quality, especially the luster,

Anyone know how to take nice pictures of pearls, please show practical instructions.

Thanks in advace.

Last edited:
Hi Leo,

I do all my jewelry photo-taking in early morning before the bright sun is in. One side of my office is next to a big window, I take all my jewelry under a pure white background using a few white cupboards which you can get from Target or Walmart. You can also make a white light box yourself using an orange case covering with white printing papers to take pictures with an opening in the front to take pictures as an option ( I will show you the box I made tomorrow). I prefer my way. I open the windows side way so the light is indirect. Especially natural pearls got highly reflective luster which can blur the camera together with the direct sunlight. Early morning lighting is soft and clean. I normally stop taking pictures before noon. I attach one photo I took for my south-sea black pearls with my own design for your reference without any photo enhancement. DSC_4195.jpg

Back