How much should I ask for these?

tweetie1716

I know they're real, but I'm taking them to a pawn shop today and I have no idea what to even ask for.

Attachments

• JJJJJJ.jpg
    JJJJJJ.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 25
pawn shops will not usually offer much on pearls, since they are not easily appraised or re-sold. These are small pearls, unknotted with only simple presumably silver clasps. They may offer you no more than their estimate of the value of the clasps, if they even want them. A very few ? or $ only.

I'm inclined to agree. You might sell them at a consignment shop, but not for much (and the shop takes 50-60% off the top).

Thank you. I guess I'll just hold on to them

Tweetie, folks are just trying to keep you from getting your hopes too high, not trying to discourage you from finding out for sure. Next time you're in the neighborhood, take them to the pawn shop. It can't hurt to ask.

Tweetie,

Bacca is right. We are not out to discourage you. Definitely take them in & see what they say.

Maybe try another venue E-bay or Etsy, Craig's list or the like? Consignment shop has been listed & they do certainly take "their cut".

Why Not re-gift them or save for a family heirloom. Do you have any young ladies that may appreciate pearls say for a sweet 16 party or graduation?

What about Donating them to a local fund raiser for say Policeman/Fireman's ball, or animal shelter.

Good luck!

Cheers

Back