Hong Kong 2016

pearlescence

purveyor of pearls UK/EU
tmp_12071-IMG_20160226_1144482060916282.jpgHi all. I'm here and finding some fabulous pearls. First were 9mm round white metallics (please excuse pic quality...done with phone camera...no studio no photoshop)
Second natural colours.7mm gorgeoys colours and,again super metallic. Bag of about 3k pearls and this pic taken about half way through . You can see which i have selected top right. Note also the bamboo tweezers. Easier to pick up selected pearls plus there is enough of a temerature difference between pearls and fingers to cause condensation and clouding
Oh doesn't seem to be a way to upload the pix. Does anyone know how to do from a mobile. My netbook is having a hissyfit and i cannot get it to even go online properly!20160226_125830.jpg20160226_125830.jpg
I may have done it!

Last edited:
They sound nice, Wendy!

Sorry, I have no idea how to upload from a mobile :confused: (I still have a flip phone!)

don't see any pics Wendy. Will you be there during the Fair also? There might be a PG dinner on March 1 or 2

now I can see the photo's. Katbran, are you going to Hong Kong this year in March?

Oh, like lovely lovely pastel candies!!!

Please keep the pictures coming!

Wendy - what are your plans for these pearls? I noticed that you have a loose pearl area on your website now where you are selling off singles and pairs ... will any of these be on there for sale for the DIY or are they destined to be earrings and pendants? I bet you are having a wonderful time with those tables full of pearls !!!

Last edited:
Yes Katbran. Some of the sto k will be in the specimen pearls section...which is new...fot really outstanding singles and pairs. I went to Winnings for findings this morning then this afternoon went out to Asiaworld expo to get my badge valudated early (checked against passprt and a holo sticker added). Because my passprt needs to go in for a china visa for next monday.
Oh boy so glad i did. There was no queue but it still took more than 10 mi uges. Can you imagine what it will be like tomorrow morning? There may be rioting!

Here'sacouple of pearl pix to sustain pg-ers....
tmp_25346-20160228_1224151742300423.jpg

These tahitians...undrilled...are between 15mm and 18mm
And these freshwaters are yummy
tmp_25346-20160228_1059081862257719.jpgtmp_25346-20160228_1059081862257719.jpg

Plus i have noted that one guaranteed way to tell a real pearl dealer from an imposter.
Dump a pile of pearls in front of then. If they start making pairs within two minutes they're real. Sit there and talk about something else? Fo counterfeit!

Those iced sorbet colors are just dreamy, Wendy! I adore my family & friends ... and I sort them by how fast their eyes glaze over when I talk about pearls LOL :)

Good news Wendy and gorgeous colours !! Well we know that line on the first official day will be hundreds of people long...at least they do have about 20 people working the desks. But still...it's a bun fight... and definitely to be avoided. I did notice that my trade badge can be renewed online which is a nice change... if it works well...

CathyK - I know just exactly what you mean..... and the covert glances at each other ... the eye rolls... grrrr

LOL Katbran ... I am truly lucky, most of my family humors me with great patience ... maybe because I make sure to toss pearls their way at gifting times :)

Back