Hong Kong 2016

I tried tossing pearls CathyK ...my boys just throw them back at me....

Seriously though Wendy... those pearls look amazing ..my eyes start spinning around after just 10 min....I could never match pearls for a living...I still remember seeing that woman sitting at a table absolutely covered with pearls... matching 8mm pairs of freshwaters for earrings...she'd been doing it for two whole days..had stacks and stacks of cards for some department store. I thought........shoot me.......

Oh those Tahitians!!! I would love to see those in person! (although I might be tempted to clear out my retirement savings so that they could be mine!)

I think the easter eggs may be my faves! Yes, more photos! Any grey FWP out there?

There are usually lots of grey pearls out there but the colour is generally a light grey in the dyed freshwaters. I was looking for some for Wendy a while back when I was there and she needed a dark grey...not at all easy to find without going into the Tahitians. If you want some light soft dove gray send Wendy a note to have a look if she is heading back to the show. But there probably won't be dark grey... just a heads up.

I took.the day off yesterday. Another day at the show today. I've written yet another haphazard blog entry. (Access from front page of website..I have no idea how to post a link from a smartphone) tmp_16264-FB_IMG_1457001431337-229395011.jpgMy netbook decided to throw a complete hissy fit when i got here so I've been on smartphone only, in spite of the best efforts of Neil to fit it either by telling me what try try or by taking it over remotely from back at base.
One photo today. Not pearls. Rubies

I just got back to Hong kong after a very very long day...it is after midnight..from a visit to a pearl factory in mainland china. I'm too tired too post any more today but watch this thread and my blog... many photos!

Sorry about your troubles, but I am eager to see your photos and read about your experience of going to China to see a pearl factory. :)

Last edited:
I think Blaire meant the trouble with technology you wrote about earlier.
Thanks so much for posting such wonderful photos of your journey!

Ah! Thanks Marianne.
There are many more photos andcwords. But today i am inexpectedly scurrying round for pearls for a new big order

Back