Golden South Sea Pearls at Pearl Paradise

Lisa C can be our conscience :) KaySD, anytime! Er, anytime Walter's wallet and his attention are not in the same place LOL ...

Oh, you guys are cracking me up, but sure, Purrrrrrr, HehHehHehHeh, give me a ping!

Pattye's talked me off the pearl-buying ledge at least once, and so has Karin, and so has PearlDreams, and Caitlin......although mostly folks just console me when I miss a good sale...hmmmmmm.

Last edited:
I'm seriously considering upgrading my current 9-11mm 22kt GSS strand with very high luster and green overtones, to this 9-12mm 24kt GSS strand with sharp luster and gold overtones. Both are AA+/AAA quality. So, for about $150 more, I get the darker color, sharper luster, and a larger center pearl. Seems like a no-brainer, unless somehow, my complexion really needs the green overtones. :)

My new 24kt strand is photographed here next to a 22kt strand that is still at PP. The 24kt is the outer strand, but the color difference looks quite noticeable to me. I also love the sharper luster of the outer strand.

I wouldn't mind a little more length as well, if Kay should figure out a strategy that ends up with about 2 additional inches of 24kt gold pearls. Otherwise, I'll wear mine at 18".

Comparing gold color saturation levels in temporary strands from Pearl Paradise

Red! Are you one who bought that beauty? I have been admiring it and saw it sold earlier today.

PS: I do like 24k better, but I guess you need to see it against your skin to figure out if the overtones will work for you.

Red! Are you one who bought that beauty? I have been admiring it and saw it sold earlier today.

Yes, it was me. I actually purchased it yesterday, but they were doing inventory that day, so the site didn't get updated until today.

Hey Red - so did you purchase 5572 (22k) or 5566 (24k)?
I'm so confused - KaySD had Chenai pull the 5566 strand for us to split...

Purranha - I purchased 5566 (24kt). The photo with 5572 (22kt) was for comparison purposes. I did not purchase 5572.

Purranha - I purchased 5566 (24kt). The photo with 5572 (22kt) was for comparison purposes. I did not purchase 5572.

I called Chenai to buy 5566 yesterday morning. Apparently, the website didn't update right away because of some work they were having done, so Chenai did not know Red had already bought the strand.

Red, in the unlikely event that you find 5566 does not suit you, please let me know. If you love it, then enjoy.

I called Chenai to buy 5566 yesterday morning. Apparently, the website didn't update right away because of some work they were having done, so Chenai did not know Red had already bought the strand.

Red, in the unlikely event that you find 5566 does not suit you, please let me know. If you love it, then enjoy.

Will do, Kay. Thank you for your kind wishes. I didn't know that this was the one you had your eye on, but I am truly excited to see this strand. I'm positive it will be darker than the first one that I got, and will have sharper luster. I'll be sure to post comparison photos when it arrives.

Yes, the website didn't update right after my purchase, and these sorts of things can happen. There are two more 24 kt gold strands on the site, but they have smaller pearls. I know that you are a big pearl girl!

Does anyone know what the next PP monthly special will be? The GSS all looked very lovely, but a strand would have been out of my price range unfortunately!

I'm waiting for the Burmese White SS pearls to make an appearance, sometime, somehow. But, those aren't cheap pearls, so I expect they won't be strands, but jewelry pieces that use fewer pearls.

Pearl Paradise just updated their Facebook page from GSS pearls to White SS pearls.

...and the loose Burmese WSS pearls are part of the sale for October.

The 24kt golden SS strand has arrived and I have been enjoying comparing it to the 22kt golden SS strand that I purchased the first day of September.

In a lot of lighting the two strands look similar. Here the 22kt is on top, and the 24kt at the bottom of the photo. The 24kt strand is a bit darker, as expected. It is a nice match to my dark golden pendant, but still a bit lighter than my dark golden studs. For some reason, this strand came with a larger matte ball clasp, even though the pearls at the back are 9 mm for both strands. These means that the two strands will not link together as the larger tongue will not link into the smaller ball.

the two golden strands photographed outside

BTW, my Burmese white SS ring in the Oracle setting in 14kt white gold also arrived in the same package. This pearl has serious overtones, with pink in the center fading to green then blue around the edges. In most lighting, the pink is most apparent.

Burmese white south sea ring in the Oracle setting from PearlParadise.com

Back