Golden South Sea Pearls at Pearl Paradise

Kelluv, that strand looks beautiful on you! What size are the pearls? I hope you are feeling better -- I remember how painful wisdom teeth removal can be.

Thank you so much Tucs, Lary and Kay.
Kay the pearls are 9mm to 10.8mm. I see PP put up more golden pearl strands! The 24k gold strands seem lighter than yours but I think all of them will still be gorgeous, have you considered a golden rope?
I had complication post extraction and it was awful pain for like 10 days, but better now, on the way to recovery!

I noticed the new strands yesterday. I had previously considered buying a 2nd 24K strand to create a rope/double strand, but I decided to go for mixed doubles instead.

24K GSS strand with 2 of the new WSS/GSS mixed strands - pearl paradise

The picture shows my 24K GSS strand with 2 of the new WSS/GSS mixed strands. I'm getting the mixed strand on the outside because it goes better with my GSS strand, but the larger beauty on the inside is still up for grabs.

Oh my, Kay! That is gorgeous! Both of them. I can't wait to see neck shots.

When I first miss-read this in the car yesterday (think heavy RAIN, bumpy highway, towing our travel trailer home past the remnants of a 4 tractor trailer pileup and burnup with 20 emergency vehicles) I thought you got BOTH mixed strands Kay :))) That new mixed strand is so gorgeous, looks fantastic with your goldens ... SO happy for you!

When I first miss-read this in the car yesterday (think heavy RAIN, bumpy highway, towing our travel trailer home past the remnants of a 4 tractor trailer pileup and burnup with 20 emergency vehicles) I thought you got BOTH mixed strands Kay :))) That new mixed strand is so gorgeous, looks fantastic with your goldens ... SO happy for you!

Kay really should get both mixed strands, don't you think??? Add those gold and diamond spacers, and make that fabulous lariat that you are hankering for. :D

Anyhow, I love the one you chose. Just perfect with your gorgeous golden SS strand.

Tucs, Kelluv, Cathy, Red, thank you. I am very excited (and broke).

Kay really should get both mixed strands, don't you think??? Add those gold and diamond spacers, and make that fabulous lariat that you are hankering for. :D

Anyhow, I love the one you chose. Just perfect with your gorgeous golden SS strand.

Don't think I'm not tempted to buy both to make a rope/lariat!

I've been talking with Chenai about adding length to my GSS strand. (20-21" looks so much better on me than 18".) I can add individual pearls for $185 each -- ouch. She suggested I might want to buy another 24k strand and use some of the pearls to lengthen my strand and the rest for a bracelet or something. I am usually uncomfortable in bracelets, but I could add some of the goldens to the mixed strand too. I'm not sure what I would do with the rest -- I wish I could buy half a strand. Does anyone else need half a strand?

Previously, I was thinking about buying a WSS strand to turn into a long tin cup, and figured I could use a few of the whites to add length to the mixed strand.

I cannot buy 4 strands, I cannot buy 4 strands, I cannot buy 4 strands.

I can't right now KaySD, but in the future, please do contact me. It's always a potential problem for me too, as I need extra length on each strand, and if I do 2 nested, like the baroque akoyas, then I need at least 3" extra ... and I LOVE bracelets and earrings :) Congratulations again!

Do you need help, KaySD?
"You cannot buy 4 strands, You cannot buy 4 strands, You cannot buy 4 strands..."

Kay, why don't you buy another mixed WSS/GSS strand, then you can add some of the whites to the mixed strand you just bought, and the goldens to your GSS strand? The rest of the (white) pearls you could use in a tin cup as you intended.

Don't think I'm not tempted to buy both to make a rope/lariat!

I've been talking with Chenai about adding length to my GSS strand. (20-21" looks so much better on me than 18".) I can add individual pearls for $185 each -- ouch. She suggested I might want to buy another 24k strand and use some of the pearls to lengthen my strand and the rest for a bracelet or something. I am usually uncomfortable in bracelets, but I could add some of the goldens to the mixed strand too. I'm not sure what I would do with the rest -- I wish I could buy half a strand. Does anyone else need half a strand?

Previously, I was thinking about buying a WSS strand to turn into a long tin cup, and figured I could use a few of the whites to add length to the mixed strand.

I cannot buy 4 strands, I cannot buy 4 strands, I cannot buy 4 strands.
Oh yes you can!

Not to be an enabler...but will this be "the one that got away"? In other words, I think adding to your strand is a brilliant idea. Save the excess pearls for a tin cup, or earrings or even another project. With holidays coming up, maybe you can create some lovely gifts! I don't mean to tell you how to spend your money, but you'd be surprised at how easy it is to use up those extra pearls!

Wait...I'm confused about the four strands. Wouldn't it just be 3? (1 GSS, 1 mixed WSS/GSS, and 1 additional strand to get pearls to lengthen everything with?). Where is the fourth?

I'd also suggest maybe pricing out the total cost to lengthen vs. the cost of another strand, as it might still be much less expensive to lengthen with individual pearls than to buy a whole strand. I know the price per pearl would be way more, but the total cost to you might be less. Can they sell you a bracelet instead?

Wait...I'm confused about the four strands. Wouldn't it just be 3? (1 GSS, 1 mixed WSS/GSS, and 1 additional strand to get pearls to lengthen everything with?). Where is the fourth?

I'd also suggest maybe pricing out the total cost to lengthen vs. the cost of another strand, as it might still be much less expensive to lengthen with individual pearls than to buy a whole strand. I know the price per pearl would be way more, but the total cost to you might be less. Can they sell you a bracelet instead?

cmd2015 - I was encouraging Kay to get a rope, which will take about four strands. Or enough to create double strands of both mixed SS pearls and Golden SS pearls.

Anyhow, in looking at the prices for Bali beads on the Eastern Trade Winds site, I'm thinking that getting solid 22 kt gold beads may end up being less expensive than $185 individual golden pearls. With the added bonus that these beads, being real gold, will be sure to hold their value.

Cathy, we may need to team up on future purchases. I always need an extra 2-3?, plus it?s nice to have matching earrings.

Tucs, buying a 2nd mixed strand is not a bad idea, but the other one sold. Also, I want uniform bright white SS pearls for my tin cup, and the mixed strands have varying shades of white and cream.

CMD, the 4 strands I mentioned would be the 1 GSS strand and 1 mixed strand I already purchased, plus 1 more GSS strand "for parts," plus a possible future WSS strand because I want a long white tin cup someday. I agree that buying a full strand rather than just a few loose pearls may not be the best way to save money, lol. However, if I can split a GSS strand with Purranha, then half a strand is a better deal than buying loose pearls. (There are no 24K GSS bracelets available.) Half a strand will provide enough pearls to add to both my GSS strand and mixed strand, to make a pair of earrings, and extras for a future project. (I saw a gorgeous Gellner Castaway necklace with Tahitin and GSS pearls scattered on a necklace of tiny black and brown diamond rondelles. I would love to re-create the look with black spinels.)

Red, I?ve considered using Bali beads near the clasp to add length.

Kelluv and Jersey, thanks for the encouragement, lol. We are quite the bunch of enablers here.

Lisa, thanks for trying to help me save myself.

Purrahna, I?m waiting for another photo of the strand we discussed. I?ll PM you when I get it.

Kay, you are so very welcome!

I re-read the posts, and had a belly laugh. All the arguments in the world and attitudes are up there. I think that's really helpful in making decisions; at least they would've helped me as I tried on every idea, and threw out the ones that hurt!

I'm glad you partners found each other. I love this place!

Back