Golden South Sea Pearls at Pearl Paradise

newberry

My adventure started a couple of weeks ago when Kay mentioned she saw a strand of golden South sea pearls on the Pearl Paradise web site she wanted to see. She asked if I would like to join her at lunch and give my opinion. I'm always game to help anyone choose pearls plus I wanted to see another strand she had chosen during the Tahitian sale. Off I go to be a happy enabler.

Weeeel so much for being a pearl bystander.

Tahitians and golden South Seas

I was very surprised to see that this strand was so much darker than the strand I already owned ( peeking in on the upper corner ) And how often do you see strands that look equally well on black and white?

I needed to try it on:

Trying on the gold South Sea strand

I took one look at her strand and said if you don't get this strand then I will. So much for my self imposed pearl buying ban. Next came the hard part, calling Pearl Paradise to see if they had another strand of this color and the waiting for the next batch to arrive.

Kay's strand color was called 24kt. That is what I wanted. When I first saw Kay's strand I thought I recognized the color but was not sure. Yes it was listed as 24kt color golden ss pearls. I LOVED it even if it wasn't really 24kt color because it was pretty color at least to what I remember it should be plus the strand was lots and lots darker than what I already had.

Last edited:
My first husbands uncle was a goldsmiths. For our wedding he took a silver dish and plated it in 24kt gold. I have had that dish on my coffee table for 43 years. I see it every day. I packed it up and took it to Pearl Paradise with me in a little bag just to see how close a color Golden South Sea pearls 24kt gold would come to actual 24kt gold. I needed to be in Los Angeles today and thought that I might go by and pick up my new golden south sea strand.

The golds and the color of 24k gold bowl

This picture was taken on the table in the Pearl Paradise offices with my cell phone.
Gold bowl, gold pearls and Tahitian pearls shot in the lightbox at Pearl Paradise
in the light box

Last edited:
Just had to take a few pictures of the other south sea strands in the Pearl Paradise vault. from champagne to the deep 24kt gold My little pip squeak got to play with the big round beauties.

Gold south sea strands ranging from light to dark gold
showing the range of gold colors in south seas at pearl paradise

More of the vault goldens

A tray of golden South Sea pearls from the pearl paradise vault

Pearls on Mia's desk What fun to be Mia
Another tray of goldens on Mia's desk

A size and shape for everyone.

There were drop and oval strands

A close up of the different colors

Colors showing a range of gold

There are some white south sea in the vault if gold is not your color

A few strands of white South Sea pearls

A few of the loose goldens

Loose golden South Sea pearls

That colour is crazy! Wow, it looks so luxurious.

Amazing gold pearls. My only disappointment is no September "Connoisseur" sale which I've heard so much about from previous years!

Your 24K gold pearls are gorgeous, but I cannot take my eyes of the white tin cup you're also wearing. The gold pearls in the gold dish are amazing.

I'm also disappointed about no "Connoisseur" sale. I just found PP this year, and I was looking forward to seeing what they had. Oh, well, it gives me more time to save up my money.

Thank you so much for sharing these photos and your adventure! The second photo, with the strand around your neck, is glorious.

Newberry, you're killing me! The deep golds are really breathtaking.

I think 24K gold is your colour. They really look good on your skin.

Luxurious and Lovely Newberry! You look wonderful in those fabulous golden pearls!! I didn't ever think I'd want goldens, sigh ... ???

OMG, I probably would have had to take out a home equity loan if I was in a room with all those gorgeous strands! The large gold and white combo strands are killing me.

Newberry, your new strand looks amazing on you. The size actually looks pretty substantial -- I think the GSS look larger on than Tahitians of the same size. I like the gold strand mixed with the white akoya tin cup. The funny thing is, I know the akoyas are wire wrapped with yellow gold, but the wire looks almost like white gold next to the dark gold pearls.

I think you're right, KaySD ... the goldens look really BIG on :)

I'm feeling faint!
What an amazing look into the vault and what a beautiful strand you chose for yourself.
Thank you for sharing and enjoy.

Back