First Day of June, the Month of the Pearl!

BWeaves, LOVE all the looks...
And newberry, it is my fantasy to roll around in your jewelry case...you have some of the most wonderful pieces!

If you come to the ruckus I'll bring it all with me and then you can roll to your hearts content ;)

BWeaves that's a gorgeous strand of tahitians and looks fabulous on you.

Beautiful Tahitians, BWeaves, and perfect any time of year! We just returned from 10 days camping in 1,000 Islands, Canada, and my highly accomplished "too busy to wear jewelry" daughter wore the strand of PP Tahitians i gave her for Christmas EVERY DAY ... heavy rain, kayaking, hiking, sightseeing, etc. ... they (and she) looked perfect every day ... jeans, T shirts, no matter. I quietly laughed ... every day :)

I'm not sure which tin cup you're talking about. I wore one of them and brought the others. I think you tried them all on in the bedroom. You can post one of the pictures you took if you like :)

I'm thinking of the one with the big gold links, as opposed to a fine chain between the pearls. But they were all gorgeous, and pretty major!

If you come to the ruckus I'll bring it all with me and then you can roll to your hearts content ;)

Oh how I would LOVE that...our son though, leaves for Japan that weekend...so I am not able to attend. He'll be gone for at least a year, maybe two. He is going to teach English in a village outside of Nagasaki. He speaks Japanese and is super excited. My husband and I are super excited he has a job!

How wonderful for your son, Jersey! I bet he'll really enjoy Japan.
Cathy: successful pearl converter! I bet those inner laughs were just the best ;)

I went to a very casual lunch baby shower for a local friend, so I wore a t-shirt and a large American river pearl.
IMG_2212.jpg
IMG_2219.jpg

Oh wow, that's an interesting pendant. Tell us more! It's really cool.

MSC I love that pendant! So pretty. And that shirt is cool too...
My son is actually going back to Japan...he spent his junior year of college at Waseda University in Tokyo, came back for his senior year, and immediately applied to the JET Programme and was accepted. It's quite an honor, and we are really so proud of him! He speaks Japanese quite well, a far cry from his high school Spanish days.

AH! I love elephants! They just about made me forget I was looking at a beautiful pendant!

Thank you, BWeaves, Jersey, Lary, and Sanippy!! It's an Edwardian or perhaps Victorian necklace, the pendant features a large blister pearl and the neck chain is studded with pearls in a tincup fashion. All American river pearls. Someone had drilled a hole through the blister pearl, then I guess decided Nahhhhh and instead put a gold cap on it. So strange. When I purchased it, it had the large hole showing, so I got it for a steal. But the hole always bugged me, so this year I picked up one of those gold and diamond plug things from Gempacked for the smooth side and made a ball head for the wrinkly side and glued them in with 2-part epoxy. Looks seriously better!
IMG_2281.jpg
IMG_2287.jpg

I love elephants too!! I got into wildlife so I could be an elephant research biologist. That didn't work out... but I still love them. Proceeds from this shirt benefit the Save the Elephants group, who do excellent work. I also support a few other elephant non-profits around the globe, so I have a bit of elephant clothing items.
IMG_2277.jpg
IMG_2279.jpg

MSC, I also like the larger rice krispie pearls better... probably because they sort of remind me of keshi. Very cool rings. And what a cool pendant. You always seem to have the neatest combo of pearls and stones.

BWeaves, that's a lovely strand of Tahitians! I like the way the colors look so different depending on what you're wearing. What kind of pearl are the blue baroque earrings? I'm itching to get a blue baroque pendant. I've got a blue pearl crush going on now.

JP, congrats on your son's job! Isn't it great to have a child off the payroll? You have to visit him while he's over there!

Here is my contribution to June.
I remade a necklace using a vintage blue baroque akoya triple strand that did not lay right. I used the original clasp for a bracelet and added some vintage baroque akoyas to add length. When I had the bracelet laid out, I had two blues on one end and three on the other, so I'm not quite sure how I ended up with one and four. I'll rework it at a later date. I wore the new strand today with my round akoya and Tahitian strand when I visited my mom. She hinted that she wanted the strand, but being the loving daughter I am, I gave her another strand and brought this one home with me. :D

Attachments

• IMG_20170605_013606.jpg
    IMG_20170605_013606.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20170608_144323.jpg
    IMG_20170608_144323.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20170608_163135.jpg
    IMG_20170608_163135.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20170608_124723.jpg
    IMG_20170608_124723.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 18
MSC, that's a great river pearl necklace! Love elephants too :)

My daughter now calls a beautiful strand of Tahitian pearls "the laziest jewelry person on the planet's laziest necklace" LOL LOL LOL.

Katbran, I'm ashamed to say I didn't get a single photograph taken. We had a lot of rain, sometimes heavy ... many of the docks, marinas and boat houses are at least partially flooded. We rented a pontoon boat to take the whole group out on the St. Lawrence one day; that marina was the only still working gas dock for dozens of miles, and we still had to wade through 5" of water on the flooded dock to get on and off the boat. The "kids" took several voyages with their new used kayak ... the grandson got a new life preserver, took front seat, and is quite the little paddler, although he confessed to having sore arms lol. The camping is definitely a "cheat" ... 32' silver aluminum vintage travel trailer, AC, heat, down comforters and pillows, lots of books, and ... NO TV, although internet makes a regular appearance. We camped for many many years in a tent, but no more. I bought this trailer for it's HUGE windows all around, and we do cook, eat and spend time outside.

I'm thinking of the one with the big gold links, as opposed to a fine chain between the pearls. But they were all gorgeous, and pretty major!

Hmmmm maybe this one?

IMG_1308.jpg

or

024.jpg

or

IMG_0298.jpg

If it's not them here's some more :)

IMG_0828.jpg

I guess I can say I like tin cups :eek:

Amti love your blue and white strands. Quite lovely.

MSC you have such great pearls. I really enjoy seeing how you style them. Loving your thread!

Beautiful akoya rope amti, and so sweet of you to gift pearls to your mum!

New berry, LOVE your tin cup collection. You really are our pearl queen.

Back