First Day of June, the Month of the Pearl!

I was out in the field on a very hot, humid day yesterday, photographing bears. No pearls worn yesterday!
Today is Vietnamese multi-colored akoya and silver tin cup chain and Mom's little akoya buttercup earrings :)
IMG_2127.jpg
IMG_2129.jpg
IMG_2133.jpg

AHHHHHHHH
IMG_8691-1-10.jpg

Riding south thru NY on the way home from camping 1,000 Islands Canada ... that bear swimming just made our day MSC!!!

OH cute!!! A swimming bear!!! Be safe but gosh, keep taking great pictures!!!

We had a great time MSC :) Biggest piece of wildlife I saw was a HUGE porcupine that walked across the grass about 8' from me late one afternoon :) Lots of birds at the bird sanctuary campground ... the loons sang us to sleep every night in the cove right behind the camper.

haha, thanks, Amti! Will do!

Loon song is so pretty! I am missing the tundra swans at night. Porcis are so cute! Several years ago, I helped out on a small mammal survey in PA and ended up finding lots of porcupine dens. They are very messy (and gross) denners.

I'm wearing mom's large krispie strand and a ring I picked out from "the hoard" recently. Not sure what the other stone is in the ring, but it's chatoyant.
IMG_2164.jpg
IMG_2162.jpg
IMG_2158.jpg

Oooo, interesting ring. Smokey quartz, maybe? (the pearl shape)

Love the rice krispies. It's funny. I was never wild about rice krispies when they were in, back in the 80s or 90s, but now that they don't make them anymore, I love them. Sigh.

Omg that ring is beautiful! Love the rice crispies too.

For some reason, BWeaves, I really like the larger rice krispies but not the smaller so much. Why? Who knows!

Thank you, BWeaves, Sanippy, and Kat! I think the stone may be just a very smokey colored tiger eye. It looks very similar.

I'm really loving seeing all the pearls! I'll try to take a picture or two myself tomorrow!

It's hot and humid and rainy here. The exact combination of weather when I DON'T want to wear my pearls. But I'm forcing myself for your sake. I'm also forcing myself to wear my T's in the summer, because I've always felt they were winter pearls.

Kojima Tahitian necklace and Kojima opal and Tahitian drops.

IMG_2924.jpg

Kamoka's La Perlagrina drop with the same Kojima earrings as above.

IMG_2925.jpg

Kojima necklace, this time with Kamoka black and white studs.

IMG_2927.jpg

Pearl Paradise light blue baroque akoya necklace with Kojima blue grey baroque drops my my diamond huggies. The light blue pearls go great with chambray. It's funny, but this necklace doesn't do that much for me when it's laying in the drawer, but it photographs even better than it looks in real life.

IMG_2928.jpg

MSC, this is a great idea for a thread! I love your golden ssp & pipis! sanippy, that golden/copper pendant color is very striking. And BN, I love that tassel. Hisano did a great job on the design. I've been on a search and find mission for tassel end caps, but haven't found the right one yet. lmgarden, I like the look of your solitary pearl necklaces. Are those on chain?

Newberry has a long tin cup on a MAJOR chain that I've been coveting since last Ruckus. I've never seen another like it, because most vendors use weeny chains for tin cups.

I'm not sure which tin cup you're talking about. I wore one of them and brought the others. I think you tried them all on in the bedroom. You can post one of the pictures you took if you like :)

BWeaves, I love that you do this all for *MEEEEEEEEEEEE*

I think these photos prove that tahitians are indeed summer pearls! Those baroque akoyas definitely are!

Back