First Day of June, the Month of the Pearl!

LOVE all your goldens, MSC! Your mighty green Tahitian is pretty spectacular, and the sister earrings, amazing!

To honor pikinnew during pearl month, I'm wearing her white SS 13mm solitaire with my golden SS 13.5mm solitaire. This was my first purchase from PP in 2015. I just bought a pair of 10mm white Burmese SS studs, shown with 2 larger pair of white SS studs I've had for a couple years. I thought they had a nice luster, until I saw them side by side with the Burmese studs. Now I'm not sure I'll ever wear them again!

Attachments

• IMG_3389.jpg
    IMG_3389.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3445.jpg
    IMG_3445.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3329.jpg
    IMG_3329.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3341.jpg
    IMG_3341.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 21

Bwaahahahahaa!!! What the heck?!?!?

You look like a princess with your goldens and pipis! I just can't get over how cute pipis are. I need some of them now!!!

I didn't wear any pearls today. I went to the gym so pearls are a no go. I did play with pearls and did some restringing though. :)

lmgarden, I love the simplicity of the pearls with chains and nothing else. And those Burmese ssps!!! <swoooooooooooon!!!>

Lmgarden, beautiful SSP. I'm especially taken with your GSSP necklace and the Burmese studs.

I thought I would focus on wearing the more neglected pieces during pearl month. Lavender (although it's more peachy/coppery) pearl from Wen.

IMG_9286.JPG

IMG_9287.JPG

IMG_9288.JPG

MSC I love it all but that ringed Tahitian pendant is stunning! I adore that green color, so vivid.

Lmgarden, I find it so touching that you are honoring Pkinnew by wearing her wss pendant. What a great look paired with the gss one. And the wss studs are out of this world!

Sanippy I'm envious of your lavender studs! Gorgeous luster and overtones and just the right size. Lovely wee pendant too. I'm gravitating towards smaller pendants and earrings.

This is a shorter freshwater necklace from Catherine Cardellini paired with a longer tassel necklace from Hisano of little h jewelry. I love the sound the tassel makes when I move!

IMG_6801.jpg

IMG_6804.jpg

IMG_6809.jpg

Yes, it was part of the Great Gatsby themed monthly special. They had 100" fwp ropes, these tassel pieces... 3-4 years ago. Do you remember it?
Last night I was looking at the thread on 18 ways to wear a 100" rope and thinking how much fun it would be to have a rope like that.

I opened this thread after forgetting to take a photo of what I was wearing and found beautiful, wonderful surprises!!

I adore your tribute, lmgarden, very fitting to wear such a timeless necklace. Just lovely!
Sanippy, your lavender studs give my hearty eyes every single time! And now the pendant to match!!
BN, that tassel, i L-O-V-E that tassel!! And the tiny pearls too. Of course, the tiny pearls.

Thank you everyone!! I have to give all the credit to Jersey for sourcing me that spectacular green pearl. I loves it like Gollum loves the ring ;)

This morning I got up and started on chores, but then it got repressively hot, so I sat down for a bit and made a necklace. I had originally planned to do this in rose gold, but it looks like I won't have a budget for that for a long while (my work contract is coming up and it doesn't look like there's funding to renew, boooooo). BUT! My bff gave me a bunch of old gold jewelry that her aunt had hoarded, so I had this old mens bracelet and neck chain in 14kt yellow gold and thought why not? I broke it up into sections and wire wrapped a small parcel of Gambeir Rikitea pearls along with some keshi in between. If I'm being honest, I don't totally love it, but it's alright and I'll wear it for now.
IMG_1973.jpg
IMG_1990.jpg

Hey, don't be so hard on yourself. I think it looks fab! I have been wondering what a thick chained tin cup would look like but just didn't have any thick chains around that I could cut up. I would love that in a rope! The luster on those pearls is tdf!

Well, I love your necklace MSC. But I'd also be inclined to make it into a bracelet with that wonderful wide chain...actually a double bracelet if you have enough length. And the large small contrast of the pearls is also really great.

Beautiful pearls BN

MSC - great job on the necklace! The pearls are gorgeous, so colourful. The chain is perhaps a tad chunky for the pearls but it does look good.

A number of designers are showing heavier chains with pearls. Seems to give a more casual look in many cases, which I like. MSC, that chain is fab and so are the pearls; I feel the look will grow on you.

And thank you to Everyone else for sharing their June beauties! LOVE your unique combinations, MSC, BN, JP, Lmgarden and Sanippy!

Thank you, amti, Jersey, Sanippy and Pattye! I was actually thinking of converting to... earrings! Though now that I'm thinking about it, bezel set mabes between the chain sections would look fab (especially if they were to be SoC mabes!). Well, the future hold infinite time for that stuff... The necklace as it is, is starting to grow on me, but I don't think I'll keep it as is in the long term. The front three pearls are my favorites though, so brightly colored blue and green!
IMG_2002.jpg

I like that chain on your tin cup. It's different and has presence.

I took photos of the T's I've worn the last two days, and now can't find them. Oh, well, you've seen them before. I'm trying to get used to wearing my T's with my summer clothes.

I opened this thread after forgetting to take a photo of what I was wearing and found beautiful, wonderful surprises!!

I adore your tribute, lmgarden, very fitting to wear such a timeless necklace. Just lovely!
Sanippy, your lavender studs give my hearty eyes every single time! And now the pendant to match!!
BN, that tassel, i L-O-V-E that tassel!! And the tiny pearls too. Of course, the tiny pearls.

Thank you everyone!! I have to give all the credit to Jersey for sourcing me that spectacular green pearl. I loves it like Gollum loves the ring ;)

This morning I got up and started on chores, but then it got repressively hot, so I sat down for a bit and made a necklace. I had originally planned to do this in rose gold, but it looks like I won't have a budget for that for a long while (my work contract is coming up and it doesn't look like there's funding to renew, boooooo). BUT! My bff gave me a bunch of old gold jewelry that her aunt had hoarded, so I had this old mens bracelet and neck chain in 14kt yellow gold and thought why not? I broke it up into sections and wire wrapped a small parcel of Gambeir Rikitea pearls along with some keshi in between. If I'm being honest, I don't totally love it, but it's alright and I'll wear it for now.
View attachment 51792
View attachment 51793

WOW love this necklace!!!! Pearls are a must but then pared with that great chain POW and wonderful creation. Fingers crossed you come to love it.

Newberry has a long tin cup on a MAJOR chain that I've been coveting since last Ruckus. I've never seen another like it, because most vendors use weeny chains for tin cups.

Back