Exotics!!!

By the way -- the flameballs are gorgeous. I keep going back to look at the picture. Sometimes flameballs seem too big but those look like they are just the right size! Kate

Cathy, would you be so kind to post a neck shot of the monthly special? I'm considering getting one in the color you received but seeing it on someone might help me decide.

Lucky you! I was going to deliver it to my Mom tomorrow. I stood in various spots in the garden to get different outdoor lighting so you can decide. Sorry, some are out of focus and they don't show the luster at all. :(

Attachments

• IMG_3947.jpg
    IMG_3947.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3948_1.jpg
    IMG_3948_1.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3949_1.jpg
    IMG_3949_1.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 35
The flameballs and the pendant together:

Attachments

• IMG_3950_1.jpg
    IMG_3950_1.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_3951.jpg
    IMG_3951.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3952.jpg
    IMG_3952.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 39
Pattye, if that is a picture of you that GemGeek posted??

Hanaleimom, your pearls - AND pictures of them - are just gorgeous! And those flameballs are just stunning!

I'm posting pics of mine, but they are not good pics. They truly don't do the pearls justice. I know everyone will cut me a bit of slack at least. Pictures of these things are an art, right? Anyway, here are my pearls and freckles! ;-)

Attachments

• KREarshot1.jpg
    KREarshot1.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 38
  • KREarshot2.jpg
    KREarshot2.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 41
  • KREarshot3.jpg
    KREarshot3.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 41
pattye said:
Originally Posted by pattye View Post
When you all get to be way over 60 you'll start thinking the peeps should have something to focus on besides age spots and wrinkles, LOL, so what better choice than beautiful pearls?

Well, I would agree with you in principle, but you are so lovely, I reject that theory as it pertains to you. On you, the pearls are simply an enhancement! ;)
View attachment 7816

I agree with GemGeek. :)

Cheers,
ShashiRatna

What gorgeous pearls, everyone - thank you for sharing your treasures!

I'm awaiting a delivery of loose pearls so that I can make up my mind...of course the real challenge will be not to just select *everything* since all these pearls are so lovely.

Karen and Cathy,

The more photos the better! The golden ones are so soft and pretty on you Karen! A perfect choice!! Must live vicariously for awhile, since my undrilled pearls won't even get mailed until Tuesday!

Cathy, lovely pendant for your Mom, who wouldn't adore that----and hopefully you will report back to us what people say about your flameball necklace--it is so unusual and fabulous!

Cathy: Thank you so much for posting those pictures. Absolutely gorgeous. For the pearl you bought for your mom, did you request a different bail than what is on the monthly special? I really like the one you have on yours better than the one advertised.

Pattye -- You're a beautiful woman! Kate

Hi Kate,
Thank you, even though I am still embarrassed about the hasty, fuzzy photos. I upgraded to the "ribbon" bail http://pearlparadise.com/Ribbon-Pendant-14K-Gold3031.aspx. It's a new PP item; and has a lot of gold for the money. You'll like it. Oops, I just noticed I had worn the ribbon pendant backward.

My mom loves her pendant very much. She is in her 70's and thinks that dangles are a little too much for older Asian women. Her earlobes are too tiny to accommodate the studs. When she saw my earrings, she said she wishes she's still young to wear dangles because she's so in love with the exotics.

Last edited:
Wow, what a beautiful exotics around here. I specially like the lavenders ;)

This is not as good as from PP's, but still I would call it an exotic :). Actually, was lucky to get it. We ordered some simple fw strands for crafting and added few pendants and earrings to the order. Ordered a lavender pendant and this is what I got ;)

Maria

Attachments

• 2009_0901_kaart1349.JPG
    2009_0901_kaart1349.JPG
    13.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 2009_0901_kaart1351.JPG
    2009_0901_kaart1351.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 2009_0901_kaart1355.JPG
    2009_0901_kaart1355.JPG
    13.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 2009_0901_kaart1345.JPG
    2009_0901_kaart1345.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 42
Wowsa! That's gorgeous. I just ordered a drop pearl that seems to have exotic coloring from Kojima along with some strands and I'm psyched!

Wowsa! That's gorgeous. I just ordered a drop pearl that seems to have exotic coloring from Kojima along with some strands and I'm psyched!

THAT'S who got that pearl! I just purchased another one from Kojima but had been haunting that drop for awhile. Glad it's in the family! :)

Do you mean this one? Here's the link of what I've ordered. I figured my birthday is coming up and what the hell...of course, I seem to say that a lot when it comes to pearls.:p Anyway, I felt everything I ordered was very unusual and very reasonable.

http://shop.kojimapearl.com/collections/loose-pearls/products/chinese-fresh-water-drop-pearl-2

http://shop.kojimapearl.com/collect...l-color-chinese-fresh-water-coin-pearl-strand

http://shop.kojimapearl.com/collections/strands/products/long-drilled-triplet-keshi

Those triplets are absolutely stunning! Happy birthday you lucky thing.

Back