Estate sale find - Pearl bracelet with diamonds, emeralds, and a sapphire

BeeBee

Community member
Hello! I bought this bracelet last fall at an estate sale. It was falling apart but when I picked it up and caught the 14k on the clasp I thought it was probably worth the $10. :eek: Yup, I actually took a picture of it in the car with the $10 tag hanging off it. (In retrospect, maybe I should have offered $5 since it was falling apart... Ha ha.)

So I took it to a two-store local chain for restringing. Spoke directly with the jeweler who would be doing the work. A week later I went to pick it up and all of the pearls and gold were out of order and randomly placed. Oooooo-k. Insert, why can't anyone do their job anymore thoughts! So, well, I let him do it again and a week later returned and it was so loosely done I suggested that maybe I just take it somewhere else. So the next store got it done. I realize gold against pearls isn't a great idea. The smaller gold separators are concave on the sides so no opportunity for a knot. The knots against the larger gold pieces seem to disappear inside the gold holes. I wish I had known about this site at the time because I'm sure there are lots of great solutions out there!

Anyway, can you help me determine what kind of pearls they are? They are gritty and approx. 4.5-5mm. Seem round to me. Thank you!
IMG_2541.JPGIMG_2542.JPGIMG_2543.JPGIMG_2540.JPGIMG_2552.JPGIMG_2553.JPGIMG_2554.JPGIMG_2555.JPG

Congratulations on your beautiful new bracelet! What a great find. Enjoy !!!

WOWZA!!! That's an amazing piece. And the price is beyond amazing!!! Congrats on your new addition!!!

A small white pearlized seed bead could be placed between the pearls and the gold to save wear on the pearls, but it could make the bracelet a tad longer and unfortunately would have to be restrung…….. again. :(
What a wonderful find!!!

Pretty bracelet and excellent price! Congratulations! I too must find estate sales like this!

Last edited:
What a find!!! Oh my so gorgeous.

So how does one start going to estate sales? I'm in Canada and I don't know how these things work but I an very curious.

There are a couple local estate sale businesses in my area. I'm on the mailing list for one and check the website of the other. The one with the more thorough website posts pictures of some of the items in their upcoming sales. I decide to go based on the kind of stuff being sold, location and time it's held. I don't get to go as often as I'd like! I know there are consolidated garage sale websites - maybe estate sale websites too? Estate sales are sometimes advertised on Craigslist (is there a Craigslist in Canada?) - but, as always with Craigslist, be careful.

Great find!

Tucs, i've seen estate sales advertised before, i just can't recall where...maybe your local newspaper or the paper that comes in your weekly flyers, maybe even kijiji. Hmmm, I'm curious now too.

The estate sales in my city are always overpriced and their jewelry is marked accordingly. They look through items with a fine tooth comb so it is almost impossible to get a steal of a deal, so I stopped going to them. I have found a few nice things at garage sales, where people were selling items they didn't realize were worth more than $1. I will make a post of some earrings I found a few years ago. Other than that, I have found sterling, a couple of gold necklaces and a pearl pin to keep a long strand clipped. But I have attended a LOT of garage sales, so ratio wise, my success percentage is quite low. It is fun though.

Thats a beautiful find. It looks very unique. If I found it, I would get it appraised. the gold and diamonds alone will add value, and I love it with the pearls!! It almost looks designer, did you mention other markings?

Thanks! The clasp has a patent number and is marked 14k. I've always thought it looked Mediterranean, but I'm not sure.

Hoping I can upload photos from my phone. I also included a photo of where one of the gold pieces wasn't formed quite right.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Back