Earrings

Hi KauaiAnne,

Any designer worth their salt should make up exactly the earrings you want. I do it all the time.

I did see your post earlier but didn't have time to take photos of my own earrings. So what I have done is taken photos from my site one eBay and will list a few at a time.

So here goes - loads of earring photos. More than I realised I had made up :) Will list a couple or three at a time.

I hope everyone enjoys my designs. Have more but listing them all would take ages.

But as others have said naturally designer/sellers will alter to your needs or designs. You don't have to accept what is offered anywhere. Sounds like you have a great collection already.

I am thinking of having another hold in my ears myself. A larger one to take top ear earrings - think it might be painful but might be worth it. :) Love earrings. Also don't just settle for earwires offered. Get the right karat and design - always check with seller they may very well be able to alter earrings or make up more or should.

Dawn (Bodecia)
eBay ID dawncee333

Attachments

• Cortez.jpg
    Cortez.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 38
  • Fireball.jpg
    Fireball.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 38
  • SS ruby.jpg
    SS ruby.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 42
Should have said. First earrings are Sea of Cortez & Sapphires. 2nd are Fireball pearls and Topaz. 3rd are Gold South Sea Pearls and Rubies - these are one of my favourites as they are a perfect match to my eyes. Maybe not perfectly but to the eye. My old eyes anyway.

Dawn
eBay ID dawncee333
Wow - soon to have my own Web Site - can't wait.

1. photo Grossular Garnet and Fireball Pearls. Love these.

2. photo Kasumi & Strawberry Red Spinel gems.

3. photo more Cortez with sapphires.

if I happen to type something incorrectly it is because I have broken a tendon in on little pinky and so it is harder to type and work on jewellery. Have to have surgery on it. Got it smashed in a shopping centre between shopping trollies. Ugg.

I will upload more and also more of ones I have not designed or made myself. Most of those I have to take photos of though so might be a couple of days before I get to it. Am reworking my photo area.

Dawn
eBay ID dawncee333

Attachments

• 143646425_tp[1].jpg
    143646425_tp[1].jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 148304362_tp[1].jpg
    148304362_tp[1].jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 40
  • b59e_3[1].jpg
    b59e_3[1].jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 32
And more photos

Exotic/Spice pearl earrings with pink topaz

Kasumi Pearls with Tourmalines

Golden South Sea Pearls with Rubies.

Attachments

• 143646425_tp[1].jpg
    143646425_tp[1].jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 148304362_tp[1].jpg
    148304362_tp[1].jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 40
  • b59e_3[1].jpg
    b59e_3[1].jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 38
Hi KauaiAnne,

Here are some different styles of pierced earrings findings and the lengths of each from top to where the dangle would start:

IMGP2676_resize.jpg

1. Gunmetal color niobium, about 12mm from top to bottom of loop. A style easily made with a dowel, good pliers and practice! (these are store-bought, though!)

2. gold fill, about 13mm from top to bottom

3. sterling silver leverback, yes, I also have been looking for a style with smaller more graceful profile, 15mm

4. petite sterling silver huggie hoop style, 13mm from top to bottom

5. sterling silver small hoop, 17mm

The only issue I have found is if the loop is too high near the piercing, the earring is somewhat easier to accidentally pull out--but pinching the back wire closer helps alot. And wearing the clear plastic backs also prevents loss. My piercings are a bit stretched, so that also makes it easier to lose earrings.

If anyone wants additional info about these styles, just pm me and I will look up where I got them.

Last edited:
Not sure if you want more photos but will add a few more just in case. There are so many variations you can get from any designer that it really is unbelievable and any designer should make them up to your design - well to a certain extent. I have found that some customers want things that would just not look good and to even give them an idea of it would take making the earrings up. Often I think if you are going to give directions to a designer - do just that and and let them design to what will or will not work.

Just make sure you don't have to buy if you don't like the finished look. A good designer seller should not be bothered because they can sell on whatever site they have. If you tell a designer exactly what you want you may have to pay a deposit but if you give them a little license you should not have to.

I do have more but some are without pearls i.e. only gemstones or others that I just am too pooped to upload :(

Hope you have enjoyed looking at my earrings and hope all have enjoyed them.

I will take photos, as I said, of my antique pearl earrings within a couple of days and send photos of them to. Love them all. Just so love pearls I cannot get enough of them.

Hope these help fill the void on lack of photos for at least a couple of days. :)

Dawn
eBay Seller ID dawncee333 - soon to have own website - Wowie.

Attachments

• 143343183_o[1].jpg
    143343183_o[1].jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 143604814_o[1].jpg
    143604814_o[1].jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 150742868_o[1].jpg
    150742868_o[1].jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 42
I appreciate all the suggestions, advice and photos. I'm a little baffled why there aren't more designs based on a post. I guess what I'm looking for is an earring that's going to start right up there by my ear piercing. Ideas on that?

Attachments

• style.jpg
    style.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 35
With most designers all you have to do is ask for what you actually want. Designers tend to make up designs they like, or at least I do. So if you want stud & hanging earrings all you have to do its ask as say what it is you actually want and naturally what pearls you prefer or want.

If you have exact pearls goldl stud in mind etc all you have to do is ask any number of us could suply just what you want.

Dawn
eBay ID dawncee333

I appreciate all the suggestions, advice and photos. I'm a little baffled why there aren't more designs based on a post. I guess what I'm looking for is an earring that's going to start right up there by my ear piercing. Ideas on that?

There are a few ways to do something like that. You could go the simple route and just attach a pearl to an eye pin and let it sit just behind the cup. You could also solder just about anything to the bottom of a cup like this style.

Fire mountain 19.23 4mm cup w peg P4570FY.jpgHi. Late to the game, but I think you want something like this, from Fire Mountain. Most of the other sites, like Rio Grande, etc, also have them.

It's called a cup with peg and open loop.

You can also get them with decorative posts, and loops.

Last edited:
Back