De-Stash Project - Stash Bash

Cathy, What a stunning necklace! LOVE how the colors play off each other~greatly looking forward to seeing this on you at Ruckus! I learned the hard way also to check the size of drill holes in gem beads. I hope this experience won't discourage you from stringing; your work looks excellent!

Thanks Pattye ... I owe it all to you and Beaders Secret ... and the pearl stringing experts here :) And don't look too close at those ends ... they're awful! I thought I DID check those drill holes; I just didn't check ENOUGH of them LOL. I have a little electric driller from Rio Grande, but the bit was way too big for those tiny gems. I would have been able to do a better color ombre if the drill holes had cooperated. I'm sure I'll try stringing again.

CathyKeshi, that is OUTSTANDING! Ends? What ends? I only see magnificence! :)

That's a beautiful outcome, lots of fun wearing it I bet.

I also like how you arranged the pearls; I like the big-little flow, it"s very pleasing!

Last edited:
Lisa C, it's been a surprisingly useful necklace; looks good with lots of summer tops ... thanks :)

Oh, GemGeek ... THANKS ... and don't look too close LOL!

Really lovely necklace, Cathy. Pearls mix so beautifully with gemstones, but you are right about those dang tiny holes!

Thank you, Marianne and Pearl Dreams :) I do like a little gemstone sparkle with my pearls ... I just didn't count on HOW little those drill holes were!

Cathy, I really really like the combo of multi colored pearls with multicolored tiny gems - and love the particular colors. I confess that metallic freshwaters *always* rate highly with me. I never stop admiring them.
Please don't fuss yourself about ends. I have seen some shocking ends done by supposed pros. My first couple strands I took apart maybe 5 times each, re-ordering the pearls and trying to perfect ends. Practice helps. Slowly in my case.
Nice work!

Thank You Narcissa; nice to "see" you here :) I just figure my hair will cover the bad ends :) JerseyPearl, that's a nice clipper. I'm lucky to have a tiny pair of embroidery scissors with a curved blade that worked really great. It was the gem order, and the missing superglue ... don't ask what I used LOL.

Thanks Katbran ... if you figure out that solution, let me know ASAP :)

Thank you Juliebeth! Yes, sunlight makes the little tiny gems really sparkle :)

CathyKeshi that's a beautiful necklace, very very nice, enjoy in good health.

It looks lovely and the idea of it sparkling in the sunlight... great!

And look what I got in the post today!!!
Catherine Cardellini very kindly strung them for me, these are her glamour shots...
Neck shot to follow in daylight.
I'm thrilled!

DSCF8425.jpgDSCF8426.jpg

Back