De-Stash Project - Stash Bash

CathyKeshi, beautiful design and craftmanship! ..and gorgeous colors! I love the little gem stone bits between the pearls :)

Happy Huku, that's SO pretty! Can you tell us what gems were used etc.?

Thank you!

It is made up of my old vintage graduated akoyas, some mediocre freshwaters, iolite, amethyst and can't remember what the green ones are beads. I hardly wear green but I love the way the green beads vary so much - from pale, almost see-through to solid green. It is 38".

Here are the not so glamorous neck shots taken this afternoon, I did enjoy the grab and throw them on but wish I knew how to twist them nicely with my PP akoyas!

P1000026.jpg

P1000027.jpg

Cathy, how did I miss those gorgeous metallics? Beautiful strand!

How was stringing the gems on Beader's Secret? I want to do a lilac/grey strand with morganite and aqua, but I am a little leery of the gems cutting it. I got some thin 49 strand and some Power-Pro-esque Spectra line to experiment with for this.

Lady_Disdain, that's remarkable! I love the style, the pearl mix, the clasp arrangement ... really unique and wonderful! I apologize I didn't see or respond to your question about my tiny gems. Well, I really can't be sure yet. I did break the Beaders' Secret on the first stringing attempt, 3/4 of the way through, and I'm sure it was because of the tiny gems. Second try was fine, and the necklace seems okay, although I haven't given it really heavy use yet. I love Beaders' Secret thread, and have generally found it to be strong. To be fair, I forced the gems ... the drill holes were really a bit too small for my needle, and I had to go through about 8 - 10 gems for every one I got to fit on, so that probably put much more wear and tear on the thread than if they'd fit and slid on easily ... :)

Oh, Beatriz, so beautiful, wearable and timeless!

Occasionally I've had the need to add a third thread to compensate for a larger drill hole. Still makes a tidy knot with Beader's Secret. With tiny (and sometimes sharp) drill holes, it's a process of trial and error, unfortunately.

Back