Clueless about pearls

pearljammer

Hello and thanks for taking the time to view my post,

My partners dad left many moons ago and fled to the Philippines. She has only really just started talking to him again but he sent her some pearls. He says they're valuable but I have no idea. I have a bit of a background with opals but I'm clueless about pearls. Just curious on people's opinions if i should take them to be evaluated or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kindest regards.

Does anyone know if it is worth getting these appraised professionally

Does anyone know if it is worth getting these appraised professionally

Hoping the pictures attached this time. Not really used to this type of format on a forum. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. IMG-20180907-WA0013.jpgIMG-20180907-WA0010.jpgIMG-20180907-WA0011.jpgIMG-20180907-WA0009.jpg

They are inexpensive freshwater pearls. The dark pearls are dyed.

Agreed. Very inexpensive pieces. I would not bother to have them appraised or insured.

I agree with the other's. They look like inexpensive freshwater pearls to me as well. I wouldn't bother to get them appraised.

Or he knows they are inexpensive and he's trying to make your partner think he spent a lot on her, when he did not.

yep, those are definitely sidewalk-quality freshwater pearls. Just for kicks, my husband brought a few of those last week for my daughter, who's loves all things shiny and girly. :p

Back