China Pearls and Jewellery City opens in Zhuji

Hi, Amrita,

*GREAT* photos. Thank you for sharing with us on P-G!!!

Just curious, in the very first photo, is that mist and rain, or smog? It's rather overcast.

Thanks,
CarolK

Thanks Amrita - I'm still not sure if I will go up or not - I will probably go to Shanghai from HK, so it depends a bit on what I've already bought... I have a reasonable amount of time up my sleeve!

I would not suggest a trip out to Shanxiahu after the Hong Kong show. All the good stuff (especially large and round) will be at the Hong Kong show. I made that mistake once. It was very difficult to find anything worth buying.

I was almost game enough to plan a trip to Suzhou, Zhuji, Hangzhou then back to Shanghai. If it doesn't pick up soon I might just give Zhuji a miss altogether.

Hi, Amrita,

*GREAT* photos. Thank you for sharing with us on P-G!!!

Just curious, in the very first photo, is that mist and rain, or smog? It's rather overcast.

Thanks,
CarolK

Thanks for your comments. It is pleasure to share information on this forum.
To answer your question, it was an overcast and hazy day, Carol! SanXiahu is actually not a polluted area.

Zhuji controls more than 80% of fresh water pearls in China. It is very easy to find ten tons of normal pearls. But it is still difficulty for you to find some special pearls.

Almost all large companies have subcompanies in Hongkang and go to fairs in Hongkang. If you need special pearls, you should preorder them. At the same time, you have to pay a standard price.

Back