CFWP - Bead or Tissue Nucleated?

pattye

Pearl Scholar
I just picked up this strand of pretty large, just over 13mm freshwater pearls. I suspect they are tissue nucleated--what do you think? I've turned the surface blemishes toward the camera.

IMGP1967_resize.jpg

IMGP1966_resize.jpg

IMGP1964_resize.jpg

IMGP1965_resize.jpg

you got a hammer? heh heh
Lucky I thought I'd check the PG before I put the kettle on... Cathy you made me snort!
How heavy are they? Does that help to differentiate?
Delicious!

Last edited:
Pattye,
I too think they are tissue nucleated but if they were bead/tissue nucleated surley you should be able to recognize it from the cost, would they not be more expensive?:eek::p

It's a bit short on length for my neck already, so gotta dig around to find a few more pearls to put in back, or I would use the hammer! LOL Weight is 98 grams. I've never been able to tell by weight alone--usually more by type of blemishes and shape.

Those are some handsome pearls. You think you have some more to finish that or will you have to shop?

You'll have to do a portrait wearing those. They will really be set off by your hair, you glamorous grandmother, you!

Inge,

Good point, I forgot about the cost ;)---these were not expensive at all, for sure a tissue nucleated price!

Caitlin, you're sweet! Yes, I probably have some slightly smaller pearls I can use with these. Promise to post a photo when they are done.

Thanks for everyone's helpful comments!

Hi Pattye,
Yup, I agree... tissue nucleated. I'll bet that John will have some slightly smaller ones for the back of the necklace. (or you could wire wrap em :)
Marianne

Back