Boo's baroque akoya drops

B

boo

Some people asked for details about the necklace I showed in Jeremy's "Loot!" thread. I made it last summer and am not 100% sure of the details (I have a mind like a steel sieve) but I believe the links are 20ga (although I purchased the chain, I didn't make it) and the head pins are 24ga. There are 2mm silver spacers at the top of the pearls, and I used a 5mm jump ring to attach the pearls, rather than looping them directly to the chain. I used a toggle clasp to close it - I just love them toggles...

Everyone is always welcome to copy any of my designs. Pearly goodness is meant to be shared! :D

Also, I am posting a photo of my one and only (so far!) Tahitian necklace, which is a tin cup style but with an unusual chain (I forget the name of the style of the chain - anybody care to jog my memory?) I am using the very finest of ratty bath towel for my backdrop (I use it to keep the cat hair off my desk chair, and it was the most convenient thing to hang the necklace on...) Again, I apologize for the blur - photography isn't my strong suit

Attachments

• BAIMG_1994.jpg
    BAIMG_1994.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 36
  • tahitian033008.jpg
    tahitian033008.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 32
  • tahIMG_1990.jpg
    tahIMG_1990.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 26
Love them! :cool:

I think it's Mariner chain, also known as Anchor chain.

It looks substantial! ;)

Very nice way to do Tahitians.....Why it looks almost affordable!

What are the drops? Maybe I didn't read your post carefully enough.

Thank you Boo! Since you are being so generous and sharing, would you mind telling me the size of the toggle clasp you used to hang the pearl dangle from in this thread?? Please....

I think it looks fantastic to have the toggle front and center.

Thank you Boo! Since you are being so generous and sharing, would you mind telling me the size of the toggle clasp you used to hang the pearl dangle from in this thread?? Please....

I think it looks fantastic to have the toggle front and center.

It is the yellow gold clasp from PearlParadise?

I measure it as a 24mm bar and 13mm loop

What are the drops? Maybe I didn't read your post carefully enough.

Sorry, Caitlin - it was in the topic title. They are the baroque akoyas that Pearl Paradise offered last summer. I took the largest pearls from the strands I got and used them as drops on a sterling chain.

Back