Back on line

waimeamomi

Natural Pearl
Hello everyone! Been more silent than sounding lately, but it's been a busy year. We recently moved from Hawaii to Southern California, and I've been scrambling on many fronts. The last year at my Farmer's market in Hawaii was really good, and so consistent, that I let my website and Etsy store go. Now I have no venue (yet) so I have FINALLY reposted on Etsy. Still need to work on website :(. I have been trying some new things, but mostly I just have new ideas and no time. I'm hoping that when things settle, I'll do better. If you have a chance check out my Etsy store if you get a chance. I'm going to be adding more as i go along. The worse thing about not having a selling venue, means that I have to stop my purchasing until I turn some things over, but have some really cool things waiting for me right now, so I think I can make it! Here are a couple of my newest things. If you were at the ruckus you probably saw them, but if not here you go! The first necklace is wired on silver and gold filled wire and attached to natural leather. There are 2 Kamoka Farm pearls that dangle at the end (back) of the necklace, the second is a sliding bolo style, and the third and fourth is actually a long (44") single strand of leather with pearls knotted on and can be a necklace, a belt - whatever. Let me know what you think!!!! :cool:

Attachments

• wirepearls5.jpg
    wirepearls5.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 55
  • slider1.jpg
    slider1.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 40
  • scarf3.jpg
    scarf3.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 42
  • scarf1.jpg
    scarf1.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 39
Hi Sheryl - I've been more lurking than posting but love to follow everyone's work. Glad to hear you've made it through your (epic!) move. :) These are great designs - such a nice balance between the texture of the leather and the glorious colors of the pearls. Wishing you tons of success in finding a new, lucrative venue!

You sure do get a lot done! This line is really excellent. I love the leather station necklace! And the Belt! And the bracelet! The bolo is great. I wish a guy would wear it! And the first necklace looks so happy, like a bunch of little bells tinkling merrily. How do you do it all? Well, however, you do it, I am glad you do!

I have been doing the same thing, lurking no logging in. Beautiful pieces, love the bracelet design.

love the baroques on leather Sheryl - keep those coming!

I practically dreamed of these pearls last night.

Me thots as I were driftin off be.... I wanna see a tathitian necklace on leather- all knotted up between the pearls Yarrrr. Wuldn't take to many perls and it'd be big knots wit somo thoze dangling orbs at the ends. I be thinkin I'd like the look. Kinda all croood and Natchurallike.

Yarr. Thanks matey. I know it'd be a great design. The Hester Rotgut Necklace it be. Wuld ya have to drill all those mighty Tahitians to fit on the leather?

As a consumer (TOO much lately!) I have to say I LOVE Tahitians on leather! Especially the long one with the multiple uses. I think it suits Tahitians very well.......

Good luck! I think I bought a few loose pearls from you a couple of years ago (on Etsy)........

Sheryl,

Wow, You sure have been busy lately, The new line looks great!

Cheers!

Do you think it is worth it? I am not buying, just loving the idea. Maybe it should be tried with some freshwaters?

Those designs are great! Maybe I should hang on the Tahitians I am not using after I got the Kamoca pearls after all...

- Karin

Well, I cannot tell a lie, Dear Caitlin, no, picked up some already drilled from John Tu, however, have large drill bits on the way to me as I type this, so I can drill some of my stash of pearls in the future. (I may be able to borrow a drill, since I haven't found one second hand.)

I'm back online too! My computer was smashed to pieces on the flight to Hong Kong so I've been without for a full week. It's a very strange feeling not checking email or PG for such a long while.

I don't use a lot of Kamokas, there were just two on there. I think it is worth it. It was a very popular item with all ages at my market. I also do them with freshies and Tahitians mixed (will add pick) and have also put some silver beads etc. all different lenghs. Pattye never saw those before- great minds!

Last edited:
Back