Anything for the animals...

jshepherd

We put some pieces together for an animal-rescue fundraiser event.

This is for their promotion.
SpoilledPussyCollection.jpg

This piece is special. The pearls are Tahitian keshi from Josh.

keishipearlkittycollar.jpg

Is somethin' strange happening to the photos???
I wanna see!
Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

So cute!!! Great idea. My cats are always losing their collars though. I make some really cool ones so I sometimes suspect people are actually STEALING them!

Jeremy, can the base of the collars be made with recycleable materials? Cotton or hemp and a metal closure? You can get 100% black cotton velvet or funky rugged coloured hemp. Then the whole shebang would be 100% recyclable! Even better the fiber and pearls would be biodegradable.

Here's "Ichi the Notorious" collar loser.

Attachments

• IMG_587.jpg
    IMG_587.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 41
Cute picture!

I agree, we could use better materials. If we were to do a line like this for the rescue group on a regular basis, we would probably rethink each piece. The collars we did put together, and those in the pictures, represent about 15 minutes of discussion and a half hour of work. The group that is having the event asked us if we could something feline specific, and you are looking at our answer! A few collars from a pet supply store down the road, and a few different types of pearls.

It was one of those "just for fun" things.

How purrrrrfect! And any excuse for a cute cat photo!;)

The keshi collar jumped right out at me. Very elegant -- the feline version of "black tie".:rolleyes:

You know, we Pandas are an endangered species. We don't like going around collarless. It's so embarrassing! Can we have a Panda fundraiser? Huh? Huh? :) They really are very cute. Boo, did you have anything to do with this design? It's got your cleverness written all over it.

Last edited:
knotty panda said:
You know, we Pandas are an endangered species. We don't like going around collarless. It's so embarrassing! Can we have a Panda fundraiser? Huh? Huh? :)

I can't help but agree! Go pandas!

*ahem* But anyway, that's a very cute idea! A collar like this would be perfect for my spoiled baby, Lydia, back home where she stays with my parents. However, when it comes to pearls and the cat, it's gonna be ME who's getting them >> Move over, kitty.

Ooooooh...combining my love of pearls and cats?? That's very dangerous for me. :)

I have a cat named Lydia, too.

Awesome idea Jeremy! How did yall attach the pearls?

How fun! My cat would balk at that though. Being strictly indoor, he wears no collar at all.

Gee! How am I going to wear keshi again! :eek: If it's 'cat jewelry' !!? At least the other pearls are clearly 'cross-overs' from the humans world.

Any keshi for humans in the works, Jeremy?

I love that photo!
Can I help make cat collars? I'd love to handle that keshi. Just dig my hands in there and let them slide around.......

Caitlin Williams said:
I love that photo!
Can I help make cat collars? I'd love to handle that keshi. Just dig my hands in there and let them slide around.......

I can imagine a group of us happily making kitty collars. Instead of a sewing circle, we could have a pearling circle.:)

And there would be no lack of conversation!

knotty panda said:
Boo, did you have anything to do with this design?

I wish I had something to do with it - I LOVE it!!! My cat would be fabulous in something like that, if it wouldn't disappear in her fur (I have 2 cats and my mom, who lives with us, has 2 cats, but this is the only girly-girl princess cat in the bunch)

basketcat.jpg

Jeremy, I have always thought you are a completely wonderful fella, but Pearl Paradise's $1,000,000 fundraiser support efforts this autumn are taking you to an even higher level of awesomeness :D Quite simply, sir, you rock!

GemGeek said:
I can imagine a group of us happily making kitty collars. Instead of a sewing circle, we could have a pearling circle.:)

And there would be no lack of conversation!

And, Blaire, just let me know the date - I'll be there :D

jshepherd said:
Keshi for humans...?
I got this kilo just to play with. We will see what comes of it.

Nice play thing... could a high collar and cuffs happen? :rolleyes: It could just be one spectacular set of jewelry to teach folks what keshi are all about. If there not that many of them anyway...

Back