Anything for the animals...

jshepherd said:
How about the folks here design and we make!

Jeremy, The Loupe came today!!!!! We're stars of the pearl tour article.;)

jshepherd said:

How about a keshi design competition? You send drilled pearls, we make and return the jewelry, and the winner gets their jewelry returned, or one of the official replicas. How would that be?:D

jshepherd said:

Jeremy,
a lovely idea but it is so much more fun if we can make the collars ourselves!:)

jshepherd said:
Cute picture!

I agree, we could use better materials. If we were to do a line like this for the rescue group on a regular basis, we would probably rethink each piece. The collars we did put together, and those in the pictures, represent about 15 minutes of discussion and a half hour of work. The group that is having the event asked us if we could something feline specific, and you are looking at our answer! A few collars from a pet supply store down the road, and a few different types of pearls.

It was one of those "just for fun" things.

Did You glue the keshis on or are they sewn on? Very nice thought for animal fund raisers!

Gosh those are so cute! I would love to put my kitties in something like that. I'm pretty sure only Kermit ( the black one) would tolerate it though.
mykitties.jpg

He wore akoyas once.

First, what are the chances that two pearl-obsessed people would both have cats named Lydia?

And Casey, yours are unbearably cute!!!

I was commissioned to make a pearl necklace for a cat a few years ago. It had a murano glass focal bead, so it dipped in front. She looked like a queen.;)

I'm enjoying everyone's cat pics!

Jeremy, it's great that you are doing this for charity. Animal shelters need all the help they can get. I know because did volenteer work for a shelter for many years. Employee burn-out rate was really high. One year the euthanasia count was so unbelievably much that most of the employees that stayed on had to take antidepressants.

Slraep

GemGeek said:
First, what are the chances that two pearl-obsessed people would both have cats named Lydia?

How about three? My female Lydia Le Puss died recently. She was 23 years old. I had her since high school.

Slraep

Last edited:
knotty panda said:
Probably not as high as two NCNs living on different sides of the earth both having a dog named Ajax and a cat named Lola.

Were you thinking about me? Dear Knotty? .......

Last edited by a moderator:
Slraep said:
How about three? My female Lydia Le Puss died recently. She was 23 years old. I had her since high school.

Slraep

Three Lydias -- that's amazing!;)

Probably not as high as two NCNs living on different sides of the earth both having a dog named Ajax and a cat named Lola.

Impressive!:D

In the name of all our dogs (and many have already complained to me), I am offended.
Our dogs, our most faithful friends (and destroyers of our shoes, furniture, etc.) also deserve pearl collars. I can see my Ayax (the hero of Greek mythology) in black collar with ROUND, 16mm, GOLDEN SOUTH SEA PEARLS. (Sigh)

and here He is:
New Image Ayax.JPG

What a lovely dog! Definitely deserving of a pearl collar. Such fine bone structure also calls for diamonds!;)

Isn't he the most regal looking? I just love him!

Beautiful Saluki. Brings back memories of our Saluki, Cleo who died from old age late in 2006. That was our families fourth Saluki. Don't let the regal look fool you these guys are a handful, especially their first two years.

Dfrey

Yes, the Saluki first year is an exercise in hyperactivity!

That photo makes me want to put my arms around his neck and hug him!

Thank you all in the name of Ayax.

DFrey said:
Beautiful Saluki. Brings back memories of our Saluki, Cleo who died from old age late in 2006. That was our families fourth Saluki. Don't let the regal look fool you these guys are a handful, especially their first two years.

Dfrey
Salukis are very special indeed, very independent with sharp eyesight, which helped them to survive for 8.000 years in the desert.

Could you send me Cleo's photos by e-mail?

I will try and find one of Cleo in her younger years and one of her senior doting years, mostly snoozing.

Dfrey

jshepherd said:

Okay, I have to admit making a funky cat collar last year from an old piece of hot pink feather boa. I sewed black silk ribbon to it to make a tie and tipped the tie ends with some pink FW pearls.

I gave this to a friend of mine for her recently adopted female cat. The friend went nuts over it and ended up wearing it herself, tying it in the front of her neck and letting the pearly ends dangle. It gave her a kind of "you dare buy me a drink buddy and you might be sorry" look.

I just wanted that poor kitty to have something nice to wear after her being stuck at the shelter for a couple of months.

Slraep

My best friend's husband is named Ajax (not his given name, but what he's gone by since he was a kid) and they had a cat named Lola!!!!

Geez. I feel like in a few more posts we should end up at Kevin Bacon. :D

knotty panda said:

Do-do-do-do- -- it's Halloween, y'all!
Anyone for a Pearly Ghost? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoEFmf76MJo
And a little Pearl Jam for kicks and giggles. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLd22ha_-VU

Back