Anyone have these:

I've never purchased from this vendor...noticed they have a separate grading for nacre and surface. I would expect pits/blemishes, given their description. I do like the light body color. Weight on the lobe is a tough one, since I always wear large earrings. If the weight bothers you, try lobe wonder supports. They work well and are inexpensive.

I have purchased from this vendor years ago. He is in my town. Jose didn't have a show room so we would pick somewhere to meet and he would bring a suitcase of pearls to show me. It was really, really fun. I worked with Jose on several projects at that time. I found him to be great to work with and diligent about looking for what I was interested in finding. I went to him with a design and arrangement problem and he really made the piece better and it is one of my favorites today ;)

I have 15-16mm Edison earrings that are dangle they are heavy but not to bad and I can wear them all day at work without a problem.

Last edited:
I seem to recall that Jambalaya on PS may have bought a pair. I've also heard of many people being very happy with Jose's products and services, so I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him.

Jersey Pearl makes a good point though. I always carefully review each vendors grading system so that I know as much as possible about what I'm buying. I've seen some unhappy reviews about reputable vendors where the issue has clearly been that the person didn't pay attention to descriptions re: size and surface quality and was disappointed in what arrived (even though the vendor was upfront and honest about what expectations should have been). I would expect some blemishing on an AA+ pearl, but it might be where it's not visible when the earring is worn. Also, blemishes bother some people more than others, and there is a difference between what you can see close up when you are looking at each individual pearl, vs what you can see when something is on. I have a pair of studs that have a few deep pits that would really bother me in a strand (where you can't control as much what side is facing up), but honestly can't be seen once they are on my ear. Most vendors are also willing to send pictures on request as well of the actual items, as Tahitians especially can look different in different lighting conditions. This is particularly the case for colour, but surface imperfections can be more obvious in some lights vs others as well. Hope that helps!

Newberry - what fun that must have been ! Sigh ...a suitcase of pearls !
I've certainly never heard anything but good reviews about Jose and he has a large selection that's for sure..I love cruising,through his site. As for the size ..I always struggle with that ..it's good to hear that Newberry's dangles are large and yet she can wear them all day. But as JP points out its what you are used to. If you wear large earrings regularly they might be fine. You could weigh the largest you can wear comfortably on a kitchen scale and compare the weight. . . . . ?

As for the grading system ..I like it when companies break down and grade the individual attributes.

Last edited:
Thank you for asking...took these at work yesterday. It matches nicely with an old necklace that I found in my jewelry box recently as I was organizing it. Took hours to get untangled, too. (sorry no idea how to flip my pics)

Attachments

• IMG_5967.jpg
    IMG_5967.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 31
I was worried about the 10 mm size but they also came with the plastic disk backings and they did not droop much. But, I do not think I could go heavier/bigger.

staceyjan,
I think if you can size your photos smaller they may able to be posted upright. I size mine on my computer before uploading, and don't see a way to constrain the size here on P-G. (Does anyone else know how?)

staceyjan,
I think if you can size your photos smaller they may able to be posted upright. I size mine on my computer before uploading, and don't see a way to constrain the size here on P-G. (Does anyone else know how
Maybe email it to myself as a smaller image then save it to my computer then post? I think I need to buy more pearls to post more pictures since I posted everything I already have lol!
I did tell Erin from PP that I would love a Tahitian ombré strand if she sees something In my budget and graduate student size when she goes to Hong Kong.

Back