Advice needed on Mikimoto 10k White Gold Cufflinks

B

BLU-MOON

Hello,

I have a pair of 10k white gold cufflinks with a 8mm cultured pearl. They are stamped on the inside shank of the bar link with a square box with a S inside it and another mark with what looks like a horse shoe and either the letter M or T inside it. It is faint and worn and hard to see.

I did do some research on ebay and saw that this hallmark might be Mikimoto. They are high quality and well made. But they are not stamped with any kt hallmark. I have a electronic gold tester and they did test out as 10k gold. I tested them several times in various parts.

I want to sell them on ebay, but do not want to mislead. They are used cufflinks and older. Did Mikimoto ever use 10k White gold ? I have seen that they made clasps in 10k white gold for pearl necklaces, but so far all I have seen on the internet for Mikimoto is 14k white gold.

Any advice or information would be great. Many thanks.

Attachments

• aug1 011.JPG
    aug1 011.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 33
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Blu moon

Someone else may know if Mi-Mo used 10k gold for cufflinks, but,
Without a certicate and a box, I think your description in this post is pretty close to what you can fairly post in an eBay ad.

I think there should be more pictures and I'd like to see that one cropped so the hallmark can be enlarged. I can't see it at all. People can decide for themselves if they can see it clearly. The bidding will tell you what they think. Is your camera digital? Does it have a macro setting?

Back