Real vs Fake Mikimoto

Olive.D

Does the marking on this pendant look like a true Mikimoto hallmark? It doesnt seem to look like the other markings I have found on the internet. Im not sure how these are engraved but to me this looks free hand and the ones on google look like a machine did it. I also havnt found a pendant like this with an M marking on it. Ive seen a similar ring with the raw gold look to it and it was being advertised as Mikimoto. Just wondering if this is a fake...Please Help!

Attachments

• 20240228_120321.jpg
    20240228_120321.jpg
    728.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 20240228_120348.jpg
    20240228_120348.jpg
    693.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 20240228_120301.jpg
    20240228_120301.jpg
    623.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 20240228_120235.jpg
    20240228_120235.jpg
    549.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 20240228_120718.jpg
    20240228_120718.jpg
    747.6 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Never seen a Mikimoto design like this one...I don't think it is Mikimoto!
Looks more like a taylor made pendant.

Olive.D, what do you know about the history of this pendant? Agree with Douglas, not Mikimoto's usual style.
Here's a sold item from 1stDibs, one photo shows the Miki logo inside the shank. Scroll down below the "similar items" to see the listing and large photos. I googled "vintage Mikimoto nugget style" to find this ring.
So perhaps at one time, back when gold was much less costly, Miki designed items with heavier organic gold settings?
Just the first item I found, there may be more, but I have some orders to pack!

Olive.D, what do you know about the history of this pendant? Agree with Douglas, not Mikimoto's usual style.
Here's a sold item from 1stDibs, one photo shows the Miki logo inside the shank. Scroll down below the "similar items" to see the listing and large photos. I googled "vintage Mikimoto nugget style" to find this ring.
So perhaps at one time, back when gold was much less costly, Miki designed items with heavier organic gold settings?
Just the first item I found, there may be more, but I have some orders to pack!
hi, the only history i have on the pendant is my dad had bought it in a pawn shop for his girlfriend and when they broke up she gave it back to him. this was 10 years ago and he just recently gave it to me. After tons of online researching and inquiries, I couldnt find anything that would definitively identify it being Mikimoto. I ended up selling it a week ago.

hi, the only history i have on the pendant is my dad had bought it in a pawn shop for his girlfriend and when they broke up she gave it back to him. this was 10 years ago and he just recently gave it to me. After tons of online researching and inquiries, I couldnt find anything that would definitively identify it being Mikimoto. I ended up selling it a week ago.
yeah I think it is a Mikimoto. Mikimoto actually has lots of designs and more in their boutique store. their metal quality is not so great but the pearls are. and they also sell freshwater pearls, rice pearls etc. etc. The hallmarks look genuine to me.

Back