A Year of Pearls in the Life of a Pre-K Teacher:

DAY 88:

I can not tell a lie. I forgot to put my necklace on before rushing off to work! Hanadama earrings:

2-5-16.jpg

This just makes the earrings the star for a change. Love the double drop.

DAY 89:

Yay! Here are my new pearls!!! Pistachio baroque akoya. I wanted something to frame my little h peridot finestrino pendant, and then Hisano and Jeremy came back from Hong Kong with these absolutely charming small pistachio baroque akoyas. I liked the pictures, but I was absolutely smitten once they were in my hands/on my neck. The gold in the tin cup and earring findings is green gold -- as is the band with the souffle pearl in the ring. This is one of my favorite sets ever:

I chose the top strand:

options 2.jpg

options.jpg

Here's the glamour shot:

Glamour Shot.jpg

Here it is worn the way it's "intended" to be worn (in LA over the holidays):

with little h 1.jpg

with little h 2.jpg

Here are some shots from my hotel room -- I was just so in love with these little beauties:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

And then today, over a peach turtleneck:

2-9-16 1.jpg

Clapping my hands with glee!! Those pistachio baroques could not be more beautiful, and paired with the little h finestrino pendant... perfection:eek:

Oh, I had a hunch where those pistachios went :) Divine, BAS ... just simply divine !!!

You're starting to make me want a tin cup. I love how you mix tin cups with either pearl strands or pendants. I really like that look, and I never would have thought of it myself.

P.S. Those little pistachios are yummy.

I have some pieces from my grandmother that had green gold in them. Yellow gold background with rose gold flowers and green gold leaves. It's subtle, not unlike tricolor gold pieces with white, yellow and rose gold. I think Eve Afile has some pieces that use a lot of green gold. She does a lot of leaves modeled in gold with pearls.

Wow BAS, you and the pearls look utterly glamorous in the low cut black, but they look appropriate with the tneck, too. Very nice to know...

DAY 90:

(There are approximately 180 school days in the year, so I am halfway done with this thread. Actually, probably a drop more than halfway because I didn't start working at my school until a few days into the school year.)

Thank you for your comments above. I just love the pistachio cuties.

Today, hanadama tin cup and earrings. I like it very much with the paisley print top.

2-10-16.jpg

Lovely, Barbara. Thanks so much for continuing to share your pretties with us. I am madly in love with that little h finestrino pendant. :)

Back