A Year of Pearls in the Life of a Pre-K Teacher:

DAY 91:

Madama set:

2-11-16.jpg

Oh, those pistachio akoyas are exquisite! Good choice with the strand.

DAY 89:

Yay! Here are my new pearls!!! Pistachio baroque akoya. I wanted something to frame my little h peridot finestrino pendant, and then Hisano and Jeremy came back from Hong Kong with these absolutely charming small pistachio baroque akoyas. I liked the pictures, but I was absolutely smitten once they were in my hands/on my neck. The gold in the tin cup and earring findings is green gold -- as is the band with the souffle pearl in the ring. This is one of my favorite sets ever:

I chose the top strand:

View attachment 39595

View attachment 39594

Here's the glamour shot:

View attachment 39596

Here it is worn the way it's "intended" to be worn (in LA over the holidays):

View attachment 39597

View attachment 39598

Here are some shots from my hotel room -- I was just so in love with these little beauties:

View attachment 39599

View attachment 39600

View attachment 39601

And then today, over a peach turtleneck:

View attachment 39602

I'm just smitten with the little pistachio akoyas.
I thought there were only three strands available... Did PP get more?

These were from months ago. I don't know how many baroque strands they had.

DAY 92:

And the two weeks featuring akoya ends with my hanadama strand and earrings.

Our regularly scheduled program will continue starting February 22nd:

2-12-16.jpg

What a perfect Valentine's week look, BAS ... the top, matching lipstick, incredible pearls ... fantastic :)

I have some pieces from my grandmother that had green gold in them. Yellow gold background with rose gold flowers and green gold leaves. It's subtle, not unlike tricolor gold pieces with white, yellow and rose gold. I think Eve Afile has some pieces that use a lot of green gold. She does a lot of leaves modeled in gold with pearls.

My mother grew up in South Dakota, so I inherited several Black Hills gold pieces with yellow, pink and green gold -- it is av very pretty combo. I haven't been able to find much in the way of more modern looking pieces with green gold. I bought a pistachio strand with a green gold toggle clasp from PP in 2014, and wanted to find some green gold hoops to wear with it..

Be still , my heart, Hanadamas and Madamas -- just gorgeous! I am especially taken with the Hanadama tin cup. What is the spacing between the pearls?

I'm baaaaaaaack!

Let's live a little and focus on souffles for a while...

DAY 93:

2-22-16 2.jpg

2-22-16 1.jpg

Back