A Knotty Submission

• Thread starter The Pearl Outlet
  • Start date
Thank you all again so much for your wonderful confidence building comments. You all are so very talented and your comments mean so much. Thanks again.

The pearls you selected were just fab! Did you use some exotics in there? I thought I saw some greenish ones wrapped up next to the keishi. Sooo, lovely.
barbie

Thank you, Jerin. That's so kind of you to post. Yes, Mervione is correct. They are dyed. The dark ones aren't round, they are more potato, but I like their luster. The white ones are Jeremy's.

Is some on chain and some knotted or are some pearls fixed to others with pins and most knotted?
I checked the website and it is not there yet, or am I looking wrong?
Certainly my sort of design with things wrapped around other things

No, it isn't up yet. Maybe in the next month or so. That's a Terry detail and I'm content to let him take his time until he's happy.

No wire or chain. All knotted on that kite line I use. It's going to get a workout so silk wasn't in order. Sueki recommended I try fishing line so I did get some, but I didn't like it at all. Too thin, not supple enough. I could have used detolon as well.

Ah, thanks, but I can see what look like round ended head pins there...? In the pearls which aren't on a thread/line. Ingenious construction
A hair comb in the same design would be pretty...or a tiara, with pastel colours,,,very nuptial.

I just love the different forms and textures in this - can imagine how different and still awesome it will look when you work with different color themes, too. Can't wait to see your work up in lights on Terry's site, so to speak!

Knotty--a beautiful, fluid, and dynamic design. I like that it's organic and glamorous at the same time. I've shown some girlfriends--they think it's fantastic as well. Well done!

You showed some friends? Wow! Thank you! Of course nice opinions are always welcome but the ones which are constructive criticism are welcome too.

Pearlescence: A haircomb! What a glamorous idea. Maybe Caitlin would like that. The silver "noses" are indeed knotted 2MM silver beads. I'm so tickled that you're looking so closely. Such a wonderful compliment. Did you see the springs rings at the top which attach/detach the lavender button strand?

Yes to all. I like this necklace - it ticks all my design boxes, unusual pearls, plus strands wrapped around strand. texture. I am trying desperately to see how it is made so I do not inadvertently duplicate - so easy to do when something is a bit similar in technique

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. :) The stitching technique is called coraling, normally done with seed beads.

may I plead for details on how to do the stitching...and I would never copy your design. very bad manners at the very least

My pleasure!

Knotty,

I really LOVE THE COLOURS! ELEGANT AND PLAYFUL AT ONCE.

Awesome! Can I ask what is the production time on something like that, minus the creative hours. I really like that you can detach the necklaces and wear them separately. Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you donʻt. Itʻs really brilliant!

Knotty, I keep coming back to look at your piece - it really is very lovely - and it's great to read more about the makings of it. Very very clever! I am also interested in your kite string - do you use it for lots of your beading?

I would love to see a neck shot of the piece, if you have one.

I would also love to create for Terry's market, if only to see my work photographed so beautifully!

Back