2014 Bangkok show in February and Hong Kong show in march - who's going?

If one is not in the business of pearls, is it worth attending the Hong Kong fair?

It's trade only so you will need someone in the trade who is attending to 'hire' you. I'm not sure if I will be otherwise I would.

Not me, still not recovered from my last trip out in Hong Kong last November (got food poisoning, then two bouts of cold in quick succession), once very 2 years to visit my mum is quite enough! :D

Have fun to all who are going.

DK :)

My tickets are booked! Extra excited as its my first Hong Kong fair.

Not necessary Amrita, but you will save yourself about half a day of standing in a queue to register at the show. You can do through the website..you have to send ID and proof you are a business.

My Dad will be in Hong Kong - but sadly, not for pearls. He'll be there for legal work, just at the same time (-: He's had a pearl-business type schedule of late, been all over the place - Nigeria and Rwanda in the last couple of months.

The eligibility criteria is interesting. The wholesale purchase to retail sales requirement disqualifies farmers, miners and collectors.

There seems to be an exception for published scientists to speak, but I'm not necessarily that either.

Maybe one of these years I'll tag along as a guest.

Pictures and reports for those left behind, please!

always amazing to see the Thai ladies with a lot of bling bling on them with bags full of money chasing for big pearls. Good market also for dyed golden pearls in Bangkok.

Back