Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The White Round Pearl Necklace~Restyle It~Let's Get Creative!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The White Round Pearl Necklace~Restyle It~Let's Get Creative!

Challenge for 2014!

When was the last time you wore your basic white round (or roundish) pearl necklace? Quite some time ago?? Does it deserve some love??? (Most of us have at least one necklace like this tucked away!)

PHOTOS PLEASE, do include chic styling ideas you find online. No need to restring unless you want to.

Do you add enhancers?

Do you layer?

Do you twist into a torsade with other necklaces?
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Great Idea!
    Kevin Canning
    Pearls Of Joy
    www.PearlsOfJoy.com
    Read My Blog
    FaceBook Fan Page
    1-800-451-1411

Comment

I actually wear my whites fairly often in winter-- they seem to go with my clothing more in winter than in summer, go figure! I'll take a shot next time I have them on.

Comment

Here you go ! This is me in the office now with my basic freshwater necklace. I've been playing a lot with it and its twin in lilac color. I've always like brooches, but could never find a way to wear them comfortably.
        Now that I've fallen in the world of pearls, I took a new look at all my old brooches and see how I can use them as enhancer / pendant!
        I love how I can get dress quickly in basics (grey cashmere) and spike it up with a pearl necklace and an old brooch as a pendant in 2 sec :-)
        Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (4).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	354810

Comment

French Pearl,

Bravo!! Now that is completely inspiring!!! Love it, and we're certainly having cashmere sweater weather! Is that a long rope, or 2 separate necklaces?
          Pattye

Comment

Great idea, and great first example!

Comment

Originally posted by pattye View Post
              Is that a long rope, or 2 separate necklaces?
              Its one long rope. Not sure of the length, but I find it very versatile. I think the pearls are 7.5

Originally posted by GemGeek View Post
              Great idea, and great first example!
              Thanks GG ! An yes, I'd love to see more examples of how PGers wear their basic pearl strand

I've changed it since this morning as the brooch is quite heavy and it was starting to strangle me , so I tied it midway.
              Now If I only could figure out how to post the pictures straight !

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	354812Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	354811
              Last edited by FrenchPearl; 01-09-2014, 08:57 PM. Reason: fixing photo

Comment

I've got it (These are FrenchPearl's pearls! I only rotated the photos for her.)
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Pearl Dreams; 01-12-2014, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Thank you so much Pearl Dream ! How did you do that ? I spend 10 min to try to figure it out and could not....

Comment

I like it better styled the second way French Pearl. That brooch is super fabulous with that strand!

For me there is nothing more chic than that classic strand of white round pearls worn with a stylish outfit and paired with bold accessories. Right now the preppy look is definitely "in" and a strand of white pearls really makes the look. I also like classic clothing paired with a bold cuff or cocktail ring and round white pearls. Think neutral colored cashmere sweater (I also like a basic white men's style button down or both together for the preppy look), skinny jeans, boots (or ballet flats in nice weather) worn with a strand, hoops (or large pearl studs), a cuff (or stacked bracelets), and bold cocktail ring.

Comment

FrenchPearl, I dragged your photo to my iMac "desktop" and from there into iPhoto, rotated it, exported it to documents and then uploaded to P-G.

Basically I think you have to get it oriented the right way before you upload it to P-G, whatever device you are using. On post #7 you were upside down, but if you turned the camera or smartphone upside down before photographing that might work, too.

Comment

How funny! I happened to wear the longest section of the 144" rope Hisano made for me today! This section is 75" and I knotted it in a new way (for me):

Name:	PP rope.jpg
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	354817

Comment

BAS, that looks gorgeous! The pearls seem to be reflecting the the magenta color of of your sweater, how cool!
                          Pattye

Comment

Very stylish BAS

Comment

Awesome knotting BAS! I want to try that, now!

Genius thread, Pattye. Just looking at the photos so far makes me want to wear mine, and my classic white strand definitely deserves more wear time. On it!

Comment

Working...
                              X