SS Gold Buttons

Because the temptation/usually correct thing in business is to sell and get the money back out, rather than hang on in for the long haul of assembling such a necklace. It is easy also to compromise - not quite round, not quite a match, but okay and still well saleable

Wendy,

That is something I hadn't thought of. But you make a very good point! It often takes multiple harvests to assemble the most spectacular, unusual or "perfect" strand.

That gold set will be amazing! Wonder what the final retail price will be?

A strand like that most certainly was matched prior to purchase. The number of pearls needed to make it would be astronomical and the left-over would take a long time to sell.

Are they from the Philippines? I would venture a guess and say Jewelmer put it together. They are one of the only producers that would have the production and produce the size necessary to create it. If the color is the same as the buttons (deep gold) I would think they are the only company that could create it.

A strand like that most certainly was matched prior to purchase. The number of pearls needed to make it would be astronomical and the left-over would take a long time to sell.

Are they from the Philippines? I would venture a guess and say Jewelmer put it together. They are one of the only producers that would have the production and produce the size necessary to create it. If the color is the same as the buttons (deep gold) I would think they are the only company that could create it.
No idea who produced them, but the round pearls are offered on spec for the purpose of completing this set, and are currently located in Sydney. If I ask to see them together with the buttons during our next visit to the Cooks then they will need to be imported, also on spec, but with a mild obligation. Will see about pricing, although I am not optimistic about any bargains?

Jeremy's new thread about tissue-nucleated Pinctada Maxima is timely, as those pearls should definitely be worth a wait.

jshepherd said:
Are they from the Philippines?

pattye said:
That gold set will be amazing! Wonder what the final retail price will be?

Pearls are from the Philippines, sourced for color as much as size. Te Maanga retail was quoted earlier in this thread (US$14K+), necklace is currently estimated at $190-225K.

About what everyone figured?

They will be stunning on the right skin. Yellow does not like me and I do not like it, but those pearls are stunning

Those are beyond amazing! I just wanted to know how the twins are and here they are being adopted. All those siblings. Great color. Adding actual gold metal could be anticlimactic. They are already perfect.
Thanks so much for the pictures and the update Steve.

barbie

My husband used to complain that I was impossible to impress. Now he says he can't get me off the Pearl Guide.

The pearls as a set are breathtaking! Lucky is the lady who will get to wear these! Thanks so much for sharing :)

Back